RN-CHILD and ADOLESCENT-PRESBYTERIAN KASEMAN HOSPITAL-PRN-VARIED Job Listing at Presbyterian Health Services in Albuquerque, NM
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
RN-CHILD & ADOLESCENT-PRESBYTERIAN KASEMAN HOSPITAL-PRN-VARIED
Requisition Number: 38998
Type of Opportunity: PRN (as needed)
FLSA Classification: NONEXEMPT
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Two to three years college level courses/Associate’s Degree/Diploma in Nursing, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred. Current RN license in New Mexico required. Less than one year of experience in psychiatric nursing.
**Prefer 1 year experience with child & adolescents.
Requires detailed knowledge of psychiatric nursing in terms of what and how work is to be done as well as why it is done, this level includes interpretation of data. This staff member must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of patients served.
Mental Power: Ability to make decisions are varied but are usually confined to situations which are familiar. There are several defined alternative solutions available.
Mental Power: Ability to exercise choice in how work is accomplished with independence to operate within established policies, procedures and schedules.
Physical Power: Some standing/walking. Assists with lifting and moving patients on occasion. Exercises ongoing concentration when listening to patients, assessing their status, and developing their self-care skills. Walks, sits, stands in place, arm/wrist/hand movement, lifts.
Primary Job Functions
• Performs the nursing process for each patient assigned, including: assessment; diagnosis; planning care; intervention (including patient/significant other teaching and facilitating psychoeducation groups); evaluation (including identifying unmet or new needs for therapy, nursing or medical services).
• Demonstrates the therapeutic core conditions of genuiness, empathy and positive regard when interacting with patients and significant others, according to generally accepted counseling practice.
• Performs risk management documentation and follow-up action requirements, e.g. responding to patient complaints, completing Problem Resolution Report” and Report of Adverse Risk Event” (R.A.R.E.).
• Recommends unit and program cost control measures to charge nurse.
• Participates in the internal Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process, such as peer review, audits, Joint Commission survey preparation, implementation of clinical paths.
• When in charge, manages staff mix and assignments, based on census and acuity levels, during each shift. Secures staffing for next shift. When in charge, supervises the individuals listed under Supervision Exercised” to ensure these staff practice the appropriate behavior-and skill- based competencies listed for each position.
• Keeps an accurate, complete and current status of documentation onto the patient’s chart.
• Delegates cleaning or renovating tasks to staff members. If not staff are available, personally performs such tasks.
• Conveys professional role model example for other staff through quality of own clinical practice; work habits; availing self to others as a consultant on clinical issues; attending ongoing internal and external professional development events.
• Performs other functions as required.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Albuquerque, NM
View similar jobs:
Paramedic - Part-time
American Medical Response - Albuquerque, NM
Registered Nurses / RNs - Med Surg and Telemetry - New Mexico
Renner Medical Staffing - Albuquerque, NM
Multiple EM Opportunities in Albuquerque!
Hospital Physician Partners - Albuquerque, NM
Locate this job: