RN - PICU - Presbyterian Hospital - PRN .001 FTE Varied Job Listing at Presbyterian Health Services in Albuquerque, NM
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
RN - PICU - Presbyterian Hospital - PRN .001 FTE Varied
Requisition Number: 41820
Type of Opportunity: PRN (as needed)
FLSA Classification: NONEXEMPT
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Skills: Two to three years college level courses/Associate’s Degree/Diploma in Nursing. State of New Mexico Nursing License required. One year experience as a Registered Nurse.
Knowledge: Requires detailed knowledge of nursing practice and care delivery in terms of what and how work is to be done as well as why it is done. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and incorporate them in their plan of care.
Mental Power: Ability to make decisions are varied but are usually confined to situations which are familiar. There are several defined alternative solutions available.
Mental Power: Ability to exercise choice in how work is accomplished with independence to operate within established policies, procedures and schedules.
Physical Power: On feet/walks 8 or more hours a day. Assumes and maintains various postural positions including but not limited to: kneeling, reaching, stooping, bending, crouching. Reposition patients. Transfer patients. Push/pull patients in wheelchair.
Primary Job Functions
• Provides direct patient care by assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting individual patient needs, actions taken and patient responses.
• Coordinates patients’ care through collaboration with the patient/family and healthcare team.
• Performs assessments as per unit standards and documents on appropriate data base/assessment flow sheet.
• Initiates, utilizes and documents appropriate protocols and standards of care
• Administers medication and treatments as prescribed by physician, or standard protocols and documents according to policy.
• Identifies and meets patient and family learning and discharge needs on admission and throughout episode of care.
• Evaluates patient progression toward outcomes per unit standards and documents through EOSS etc.
• Performs competently in emergency situations.
• Delegates or assigns aspects of patient care to healthcare team members commensurate with their validated competency to perform the task.
• Provides leadership through communication about and validation of patient care.
• Assists with various procedures, treatments, surgical techniques or delegate/assign to other healthcare team members as appropriate.
• Completes patient population/age specific/procedure and protocol education and competency testing per unit standards.
• Demonstrates competency in required psychomotor skills.
• Assists in orientation of new staff or students, and serve as a resource person and professional role model.
• Assumes professional responsible for current nursing structure and clinical standards of care.
• Assumes responsibility for the clinical supervision of LPNs and non-licensed assertive personnel.
• Incorporates PHS mission (VVPS) in care-giving activities.
• Supports DON philosophies of shared governance and models of care delivery.
• Meets requirements of PRN connection agreement.
• Demonstrates flexibility in meeting patient care needs in other departments through floating within cluster.
• Assumes other leadership roles (i.e. relief charge nurse) as required by the department.
• Meets professional requirements as follows:
• Performance Standards:
1. Participates in unit/department governance
2. Adheres to PHS dress code for professionals, including display of ID badge.
3. Documents own continuing education.
4. Maintains positive communication and relationships with patients, peers and other healthcare team members.
5. Participates in quality improvement activities.
6. Maintains a punctual and reliable attendance record.
7. Completes mandatory inservices, competencies and licensure requirements on time.
8. Adheres to safety and equipment policies.
• Performs other functions as required.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare-Nursing jobs in Albuquerque, NM
View similar jobs:
Hospital Albuquerque - Registered Nurse - Med/Surg/Tele - Days - FT
Kindred Hospital - Albuquerque, NM
Permanent Position for Med Surg RN in New Mexico
Soliant Health - Albequerque, NM
Utilization Manager RN - Albuquerque, New Mexico Job
Amerigroup - Albuquerque, NM
Locate this job: