User Experience (UX) Designer Job Listing at PROS in Houston, TX (Job ID 5643)
Software Development, Technology
PROS: BIG data solutions for optimizing ..... Sales, Pricing, Quoting, Rebates, Revenue Management. Software for companies in the manufacturing, distribution, services and travel industries is hiring!
Are you passionate about usable software? Do you catch yourself analyzing software you use in your day-to-day life? Are you obsessively meticulous about small details? Do you relish the challenge solving a difficult interface problem? Do you appreciate software that not only looks good, but is also easy to use?
We’re looking for a talented individual who can leverage their knowledge of both usability and design to craft intuitive and engaging software experiences.
This position involves collaborating closely with stakeholders to gather feedback, analyzing feature requirements, and designing usable, easy-to-learn software. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated competency with usability practices, be well-versed in prototyping techniques, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and have a keen eye for aesthetics.
Keep in mind
• This position is not focused on the creation of graphics or artwork. While a candidate with artistic ability is a plus, he or she must have experience with standard usability and information architecture practices.
• Occasional travel to user locations may be required - 5%
• Submitting a portfolio of prior work is required.
• A minimum 3 years of experience crafting usable software experiences by performing activities such as:
o Applying contextual inquiry and other forms of ethnographic research
o Designing low and high-fidelity prototypes and mockups
o Analyzing a proposed design using task analysis and cognitive walkthroughs
o Experience performing usability testing with users, both in-person and remotely
o Compiling, analyzing, and reporting on usability testing results
o Experience utilizing other usability techniques such as heuristic analysis, card sorting, affordance testing, paper prototyping, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in a human-computer interaction related discipline, such as Computer Science, Graphic Design, or Psychology
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
• Demonstrated knowledge of usability theory and principles, and ability to communicate the same when describing design approaches
• Experience using Axure, Balsamiq, or similar technologies, for crafting high-fidelity prototypes
• Highly self-motivated and results driven, with the capacity to flourish in a collaborative environment
• Bachelor’s degree in a human-computer interaction related discipline or relevant certification credentials
• Experience applying usability techniques in an Agile software development environment
• Familiarity with task logging and recording software (Morae, Silverback)
PROS (NYSE: PRO) is a big data software company that helps customers compete and win more effectively by using their data. We apply 27 years of data science experience to identify opportunities that will close, offers that will sell, and prices that will win. PROS provides big data solutions to optimize sales, pricing, quoting, rebates and revenue management. Companies who want to OUTPERFORM in their markets rely on PROS to help them turn their big data into a strategic advantage. PROS has implemented over 500 solutions across a range of industries in more than 50 countries. Founded in 1985, PROS is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Today, PROS has over 700 employees, more than 100 with advanced degrees and over 25 with Ph.D.s. To learn more about PROS, please visit www.pros.com
Apply to this job
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - Java & Open Source jobs in Houston, TX
View similar jobs:
Software Engineer - UI
PROS - Houston, TX
Senior Software Engineer
PROS - Houston, TX
PROS - Houston, TX
Locate this job: