SUMMARY: Perform installation of commercial alarm systems and components. Educate customers on the proper use of all installed equipment, and address questions or concerns of the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Commercial Installer I may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed and other duties as assigned.
- Perform New Commercial Alarm, Fire, CCTV and Card Access System Installations.
- Work involves driving a company vehicle; using hand tools; and performing alarm system installations, upgrades, and additions.
- Must maintain a good driving record.
- Perform Customer Instruction on System Operation and Functionality.
- Perform System Testing and Signal Verification.
- Attend Classroom and Field Training as required.
- Comply with Protection One’s vehicle policy.
- None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to use discretion and problem analysis.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and be flexible.
- Ability and willingness to make key contributions to the growth of the business.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- This job involves working with 110-volt electricity and may involve working around 120-volt electricity.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and be able to drive at night.
- This position involves the possibility of crawling under structures or in attics and must be able to bend and work in tight spaces.
- The employee is required to be available to work on weekends, holidays and after 5 p.m. as needed.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one to two years minimum alarm industry installation technician experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Applicable state and local licenses as required.
- Must have valid drivers license issued by the state in which they reside and proper automobile registration.
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc and Network Multifamily Security Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.