SUMMARY: As an outside sales consultant, grow the customer base by selling security systems to homeowners; cold calling and networking to find new business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. To perform this job successfully the Residential Security Consultant may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed and perform other duties as assigned.
- The rep will present Protection One's products and services to potential and existing customers.
- On-site cold calling and networking to find new business.
- Solicit referrals during sales presentations at prospects home.
- Sales will include on-site sale of security systems to homeowners, add ons to new customers, new owner sales, warranty sales, armed response sales, and signing customers up for auto pay.
- Schedule new on-site appointments with homeowners or business owners to complete sales presentations, and keep pre-scheduled appointments.
- Comply with Protection One’s vehicle policy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organizational and follow-up skills.
- Extensive driving in personal vehicle.
- Varied schedule including evenings and Saturdays (required).
- None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Superior telephone etiquette skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- This job may involve working with 110-volt electricity and may involve working around 120-volt electricity.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and be able to drive at night.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Three to six months outside sales experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Applicable state and local licenses as required.
- Must have valid drivers license issued by the state in which they reside and proper automobile registration.
- Proof of insurance for personal automobile liability with limits no lower than the financial responsibility limits required by the state where the employee resides. Failure to maintain this insurance will result in corrective actions being taken, up to and including termination.
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc and Network Multifamily Security Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.