Director of Nursing Job Listing at Provena Health in BOURBONNAIS, IL
Hospital / Healthcare
Director of Nursing
Job Title: Director of Nursing
Company Name: Provena Our Lady of Victory
Employment Type: Full Time (Exempt)
Location: BOURBONNAIS, IL, United States
Department: SENIOR PROGRAMS
Salary: Highly Competitive
Shift Hours/ Days: First shift
Hours/Pay Period: 80
Degree Required: R.N.
Job ID: 2013-004427
Date Posted: Feb 7, 2013
Years Experience: 0
Job Class: Professional/Leadership
Note: Please read the complete description below before applying for this job.
JOB SUMMARY:The Director of Nursing/Nurse Executive is responsible for oversight of the daily clinical and administrative operations of the nursing department to assure that each patient/resident receives the necessary care and services to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, and psychosocial well being, in accordance with their comprehensive plan of care. He/she assures that the nursing department''s philosophy and objectives incorporate evidence-based practice in providing high quality care and quality of life to each resident. He/she serves as an advocate for the residents and staff under his/her direction. He/she fosters high standards of resident care through the provision and promotion of diligent orientation and continuing education efforts, adequate levels of nursing personnel, properly prepared nursing supervisors and managers, and current policies and procedures.
* Current license as RN in the state of Illinois/Indiana in good standing with the Department of Professional Regulations.
* Higher degree preferred but not required.
* At least one year of leadership experience
* Long term care experience preferred. Working knowledge of nursing regulations governing long-term care.
* Certification as a director of nursing or nursing executive/administrator in long term care within 2 years of hire..
* Certification in CPR.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Ability to learn and use current technology.
Reports to: Administrator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Assures a nursing organizational structure exists that supports clinical and administrative standards and goals, and enables the ministry to fulfill its mission.
* Assures policies and procedures exist that support the highest quality of care. Assures all nursing personnel understand policies and procedures and their responsibility in implementation of same
* Determines the qualifications and staffing levels needed to meet the needs of the residents and to achieve the objectives of the facility within regulatory/budgetary guidelines. Implements the staffing plan accordingly.
* Assures nursing department position descriptions exist that include qualifications and duties for all types of nursing service personnel.
* Assures effective recruitment and retention plans exist and are utilized
* Responsible for hiring, orienting, evaluation, supervision, scheduling, counseling, and disciplining, of all personnel within nursing department.
* Assures effective employee orientation and continuing education programs for all levels of nursing employees
* Serves in supervisory capacity to all levels of nursing staff in carrying out their responsibilities by providing instruction, guidance, and support as needed
* Prepares and validates, the nursing department budget which includes both personnel and capital expenditure projections
* Delegates authority to qualified supervisory and managerial staff
* Conducts evaluations of the nursing department and reports findings to the ministry, corporate, regulatory agencies, and quality improvement organizations..
* Participates in the marketing and public relations efforts of the facility
* Participates in the selection of prospective residents to assure that their needs can be met
* Participates in committees or task forces as deemed necessary and/or requested by Administration
* Participates in short and long term strategic planning activities
* Accepts and reviews complaints, grievances, and reports outcomes to the Administrator as appropriate.. Utilizes appropriate tools such as root cause analysis, rapid-cycle PDSA to create action plans for improvement.
* Remains knowledgeable about the residents and their conditions through mechanisms such as making daily rounds and discussion with charge nurses
* Promotes resident-centered and resident-directed care
* Promotes and evaluates resident and family satisfaction with nursing services
* Responsible for the quality and safety programs and initiatives for the nursing department. Must be able to analyze, interpret, & incorporate data to make effective changes in clinical programs. Supports research and evidence based practices in nursing.
* Maintains relationship with the Medical Director, attending and consulting physicians, ancillary and service departments, corporate staff, and other contracted providers.
* Participates in an integrated safety program to ensure implementation throughout the nursing department
* Participates in the selection, monitoring, evaluation, storage, and tracking of patient care equipment and supply usage
* Participates in disaster preparedness and response plan for the department
* Assumes responsibilities and authority of ministry operations in the short term absence of the Administrator
* Other duties as assigned.
Provena Health is committed to diversity. Diversity is about inclusion of differences and the respectful involvement of all people, calling forth the gifts from each person''s culture, perspective, and background. We believe that respecting, leveraging, and celebrating the diversity of our work force, our patients, residents and their families, and our communities create value. We practice inclusion because it is central to our mission and values, and enables us to respond to the diverse needs of those we serve.
Provena Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare-Nursing jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Telephonic Medical and Disability Case Manager - Registered Nurse, Hoffman Estates, IL
Liberty Mutual Insurance - Hoffman Estates, IL
RN--4W CV/CICU (.6) (7p-7a)
Provena Health - JOLIET, IL
RN--New Lenox Women's Center (Registry Level 1) (M-F 8-hour shifts)
Provena Health - JOLIET, IL
Locate this job: