Apply on Company Website
The Prudential International Insurance Controller's organization (PII Controllers) is responsible for the monthly reporting, consolidation and analysis of Prudential Financial's nine international subsidiaries. Currently the unit supports the financial reporting for insurance operations in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Italy, Poland, India and China, as well as the Newark operations of the International Insurance segment. PII Controller's currently provides a career opportunity for an individual interested in the position of Accounting Specialist (Grade 11P).
- Provide a comprehensive review of the country subsidiary submissions with a concentration on significant balance sheet and income statement variances and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the information contained in the package.
- Oversee the quarterly review and sign off process for GAAP supplemental disclosures on the country subsidiaries.
- Provide assistance in monitoring the close process for assigned country operations with an emphasis on ensuring that all deliverables are achieved on a timely basis.
- Maintain rate tables and ensure that local denominated subsidiary packages are properly translated to a US currency basis.
- Assist with consolidating the financial results from the country subsidiaries, preparing AOI reconciliations and constant rate report reconciliation.
- Assist with the Equity Based Compensation process for Life Planner operations.
- Prepare and maintain key business drivers and analysis for Life Planner operations.
- Prepare the internal capital reconciliation to validate all capital transactions for International Insurance Segment.
- Interact with Tax Department for reviewing quarterly tax reporting by the country subsidiaries, including reviews on FAS 109 Roll forward, FAS52/FAS115 rate reconciliation and analysis, OCI tax analysis, and P2R and DTI process.
- Respond to miscellaneous ad-hoc requests for information from other business operations, the Corporate Controller's division, as well as from our external auditors for the country operations.
- Participate in special projects aimed at improving the financial reporting process for subsidiaries or supporting new financial reporting initiatives.
- Provide assistance with Oracle and on-line Subsidiary Package applications as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting, more than three years of relevant experience is required (public accounting experience is preferred).
· Understanding of Life Insurance GAAP and statutory accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant designation or candidate is a plus.
- General knowledge of USGAAP and SEC accounting and reporting is required.
- Strong familiarity with the Prudential accounting systems (Oracle, Financial Data Warehouse - including Ad-hocs, PFAP, PASS, etc.) is a plus.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills are necessary with an ability to interact effectively with all levels of management in Newark and our international operations.
- Proficient PC computer skills such as Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office.
- Proficient analytical and organizational skills with a close attention to detail are a must.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team member.
· Overtime required during peak reporting periods.