Actuarial Programmer ~ Associate Manager, Actuarial Job Listing at Prudential in Newark, NJ
The individual will be an integral part of the Financial Modeling team in the Actuarial unit of Prudential Annuities, which is responsible for the development and maintenance of the actuarial software used to meet actuarial modeling needs. The Financial Modeling team is responsible for building, enhancing, and maintaining the models used for asset adequacy testing, C-3 risk-based-capital analysis, the business forecast and planning process, VACARVM valuation process, and economic capital. Specifically, this job's primary responsibility is actuarial modeling software infrastructure development.
This position is defined by the highest technical aspect of infrastructure design. The successful candidate will direct projects and lower level research personnel (1-2 employees) in the development and maintenance of modeling software, systems analysis, and auxiliary modeling utilities. This individual will need to further advance his/her actuarial, analytical and computer skills and learn a wide range of financial and modeling topics.
Facility in college level mathematics is a requirement. A very experienced quantitative background, and experience in a field such as statistics, economics, market research, business finance, accounting or computer science is a plus.
Ability to operate with limited supervision for the direction and completion of on-going projects is required, as well as the ability to clearly document complex processes and systems. A thorough knowledge of insurance/finance/statistics issues and general business terminology is a plus.
· B.A./B.S. in Mathematics or Computer Science.
· Coursework in any of the following is required: Linear algebra, discrete mathematics, or mathematical logic.
· Coursework in any of the following is a plus: Abstract algebra, real analysis, or other higher mathematics.
· Programming experience in C++ is required.
· Experience with MS Visual Studio .NET is required (may include any of: C#, Visual Basic .NET, F#, etc.).
· Programming experience in APL, Java, HTML5, or PHP is a plus.
· Experience with any relational database software (such as MS SQL Server) is a plus.
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access is a must.
· Ability and willingness to learn new programming languages/technologies is expected.
· Ability to manage multiple assignments and staff
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· High level of self-motivation and ownership of results
· Strong team building, interpersonal, and communication skills
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Insurance jobs in Newark, NJ
View similar jobs:
Sr. Product Risk Management Scientist (638838)
Kelly Services - Skillman, NJ
Sr Business Measures Associate (Metrics reporting and analysis)
Prudential - Roseland, NJ
Team Lead, Disability Claims
Prudential - Roseland, NJ
Locate this job: