Apply on Company Website
- Provide technical leadership in the Design and the Development Phases of the SDLC lifecycle for the implementation of Cognos Framework Model, Report and Dashboard components within the Business Intelligence architecture.
- Accountable for the creation of the technical specification and the unit testing cases based on the specification. Details of the technical specification include report design, ad-hoc model design, security design, job scheduling, report archiving and portal design.
- Mentor junior developers on the best practices for developing BI components utilizing Cognos.
- Be a sounding board for Analysts/Developers/QA and oversee the overall coding effort as it relates to the BI components of the architecture.
- Provide governance to the review processes and effectively communicate out project status.
- Act as the primary interface to the architecture team and influence architectural decisions based on their platforms needs and the usage of tools to support the Business Intelligence architecture.
- Responsible for setting Cognos coding standards, establishing/maintaining best practices, adopting the CMMi framework and driving these principles throughout Delivery.
- Ensure consistent on-time, within estimate delivery of quality systems initiatives in accordance with agreed upon plans.
- Ensure all metrics data is collected for all critical processes during the Design and the Development Phases of the SDLC lifecycle
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 8+ years of IT based software development
- 8+ years developing Business Intelligence architecture components utilizing Cognos.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of systems, application architecture, Business Intelligence architecture and data modeling
- Solid knowledge and experience of database and programming languages (specifically Oracle and Cognos)
- Knowledge of software development life-cycle for data warehouse and business intelligence projects
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- An active participant in the growth of the organization; Being a Change Agent
- Critical thinker.
- Excellent customer focus
- Multi-site team environment experience preferred.
- Skill at resolving conflict and negotiating effectively and tactfully.
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams and individuals.
- Strong Interpersonal (listening, written and verbal communication) and presentation skills.