AIT Infrastructure Support Job Listing at Prudential in Shelton, CT
This Director level position would align under the Annuities Information Technology division supporting the infrastructure platforms. The complex environment includes Windows, Unix and Grid computing technologies. This role requires strong leadership skills along with strong technical ability in order to provide overall technical direction for the team.
This position would manage a staff responsible for providing technical direction, support and guidance in the planning, design, implementation and ongoing operation of the application infrastructure platforms across diverse computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server.) The role would participate with business partners, development and testing areas in the design, maintenance and implementation of new or modified distributed computing platforms. The role participates in the development of long-range plans and goals consistent with the business operational and development requirements. The role would maintain a close relationship with business partners, vendors and consultants to ensure the effective functioning of the infrastructure supporting key business capabilities.
This position is responsible for:
· Lead the infrastructure services teams that are responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of the Desktop Integration, Platform Server Support, Voice and Telephony, Web Infrastructure, and Batch Management Services.
· Ensure that talent management, people leadership, staff coordination, development, and coaching of associates occurs and that the activities align with AIT objectives and values.
· Ensure that the availability of servers, storage, and middleware components meet or exceeds the business requirements. Drive timely restoration activities during service disruptions and participate in root cause and continuous improvement efforts as required.
· Partner with the Service Support and Delivery teams to ensure support processes are incorporated into standard operating procedure in support of the process maturity goals of the organization.
· Act as a hierarchical escalation point for the functional owners for operational and project support issues, including service restoration and service quality issues.
· Partnering heavily with all areas of Annuities IT, corporate organizations and shared service technology teams to ensure services are delivered in a timely, compliant and optimal manner.
· Oversee allocation to and act as an escalation point for resources assigned to various projects.
· Interface with external/internal customers/vendors to design solutions and develop or troubleshoot issues
· Insure the timely delivery of project tasks and coordinate
· Actively manage the total cost of ownership associated to delivering the infrastructure services while continuously improving the quality and flexibility of the delivery.
· Completing annual budgeting deliverables as related to the IT Infrastructure processes and the functional support teams.
· Work with vendor and workforce management to effectively leverage flexible sourcing models to efficiently react to variable demand forecasts
· Review and provide input to System Requirements and provide estimates for technical solutions. Provide technical task and implementation plan for solutions
· Interface with the Corporate Datacenter Services, Corporate Audit and Risk, Corporate Business Continuity Office, Information Protection, Annuities Management, Project Management Organizations and other Annuities IT subject matter experts to deliver cost efficient, compliant technology solutions that underpin the desired business outcomes.
· Leverage emerging technologies to provide lasting value for the IT infrastructure. Foster a culture that supports and leverages innovation. Partner with the Architecture team to develop roadmaps for emerging technologies.
· Develop standards for proactive monitoring of key infrastructure element.
· Ensure quality through reviews and testing, Ensure compliance with all corporate and security standards and policies
· Accountable for managing all audit related requests and ensuring remediation plans are developed and delivered for all findings.
· Ensuring that the procedure and key controls are fit for purpose and use. This includes but is not limited to: (a) defining and refining the Business Cases for continuous service improvement, (b) ensuring proper Key Performance Indicators are established, instrumented and monitored, and (c) ensuring quality reports are produced, distributed and utilized.
· Reviews time reporting of personnel
· Participates in Knowledge Transfer for new staff/personnel
· Reviews, evaluates and prepares periodic performance reports of own staff
The following requirements are REQUIRED:
· Demonstrated people management including resource allocation and planning, productivity analysis, and employee development
· Minimum of 5 years experience managing IT Infrastructure support team and technologies
· Experienced with all aspects of IT Infrastructure operations, including Client support, LAN/WAN, Telecom, UNIX, Windows, HCP, Websphere, virtualization, SAN/ NAS Storage technologies, Security, Autosys, , Microsoft Active Directory. Proven experienced with mixed platform, highly available data center computing environments
· 3+ years experience managing virtual teams. Successful experience partnering with offshore vendors and consultants
· Overall control-oriented focus to ensure processes and service delivery are compliant and risk averse
· Strong customer service mindset with ability to appropriately balance risk with service delivery expectations
· Experience in designing efficient workflows - especially related to IT processes
· Focus on providing exceptional service to internal customers
· Track record of having demonstrated value through high customer satisfaction ratings
· Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
· Strong relationship management skills
· Minimum of 5 years project management skills
· Strong interpersonal (listening, written and verbal communication) and presentation skills
· Skill at resolving conflict and negotiating effectively and tactfully
· Demonstrated project leadership experience handling multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Demonstrated track record as a team player
· Demonstrated track record as a critical thinker
· Demonstrated track record designing and implementing innovative IT solutions
The following requirements are DESIRED:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
· ITIL knowledge, certification and work experience in a process oriented environment is desired
· Experienced with Disaster Recovery designs and Business Continuity.
· Strong experience in SAS70 and other governance protocols.
· Knowledge or experience working in an Annuities related IT organization
· Knowledge and support of actuarial models
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Middletown, CT
View similar jobs:
Design and Development Engineer
Kelly Services - North Haven, CT
AIT Business Continuation Planner
Prudential - Shelton, CT
Salesforce Systems Manager
Prudential - shelton, CT
Locate this job: