Apply on Company Website
The individual in this position will be in one of the actuarial and
financial modeling units in the Actuarial Forecasting and Pricing
Division of the Individual Life business group. The position is
open to both internal candidates at Prudential as well as external
candidates from outside of Prudential. Primary Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, maintain, and enhance actuarial cash flow projection
models on an ALFA platform.
- Periodically update assumptions and inforce population.
- Add new products to existing models and assist with other
special modeling projects.
- Able to generate custom/ad hoc reports, along with maintaining
and supporting an internally developed reporting tool.
- Assist in developing and implementing liability interest rate
- Analyze variability in liability cash flow patterns in
support of economic capital and QRM replicating portfolio
- Maintain and enhance project controls and documentation.
- Prior experience with ALFA software or other actuarial andfinancial modeling software is a plus.
- Individual life product knowledge and familiarity withactuarial modeling concepts are desirable.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel,Access, and Word. Proficiency in Visual Basic Applicationprogramming is highly valued.
- Self-motivated individual with strong analytical,interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to workeffectively in a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate leadership, initiative, resourcefulness aswell as the ability to work independently.
- Passed 2 or more Society of Actuaries examinations is aplus
- Quantitative discipline with at least 2 years of workexperience.