Apply on Company Website
The Associate Manager, Actuarial, Global Longevity Underwriting, is a position within the team responsible for the underwriting of mortality and other demographic risks of Prudential’s Funded and Unfunded Pension Risk Transfer (PRT) businesses.
- Analyze population and pension plan specific experience data to determine mortality and other demographic assumptions used in Funded and Unfunded Pension Risk Transfer transactions.
- Analyze block of inforce business to track performance relative to expectations, and to help underwrite smaller transactions without experience data.
- Assist in mining and scrubbing complex pension plan datasets.
- Research and keep up to date on emerging trends in mortality improvements across different countries, and the broader Pension Risk Transfer market in general.
- Calculate collateral for inforce unfunded PRT deals.
- Work with a group of 3 to 5 actuarial professionals in a fast-paced, customer and deal focused environment.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other highly quantitative field (i.e. Engineering)
- Advanced degree in these fields (Masters or PhD) a huge plus
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an actuarial, mathematical, or other highly quantitative role desired
- Strong math aptitude
- Pursuit of ASA/FSA is desirable
- Superior technical skills including a command of complex Excel models
- Knowledge of or exposure to VBA macros (C++ programming knowledge a plus)
- Highly motivated, innovative, and creative problem solver and conceptual thinker
- Ability to understand complex quantitative concepts and models