Apply on Company Website
The position supports the objectives of the business group by assisting in the ongoing effectiveness of the business and operating risk management program. Efforts are geared toward ensuring that Fixed Income's business and operating risks are suitably managed and operating activities are efficient and effective.
At the direction of the Director, Business and Operating Risk Management:
- Work with business unit staff to proactively identify and evaluate operational business risks, and assist in the development and enhancement of processes that help mitigate risk, ensure compliance, and protect PFI's brand
- Assists with business unit wide risk identification, measurement, and monitoring activities.
- Assists in the implementation of business oversight procedures
- Participate in the development of Risk Profile reports for each functional unit
- Assists in the review and analysis of the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes in compliance with internal company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Assists with the development of meaningful management information.
- Participates in the implementation of large-scale process and control enhancement initiatives.
- Assist in the management of the error reporting process and perform the appropriate level of due diligence to determine the root cause and identify trends
- Assist with management all aspects of the audit process, including pre-assessment, planning, coordinating execution, and action plan development
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with PFI Business and Functional Leaders, as well as the larger Asset Management community, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Law, Compliance, Operations, and Finance staff
- Participate in the management of PFI's Sarbanes-Oxley efforts and related reviews.
- Participate in the coordination and execution of Asset Management risk management initiatives, including workflow mapping, procedural development and documentation
- Assist in the coordination of Vendor Governance initiatives
- 3 to 7 years experience with an institutional asset management business preferred/ Financial Services experience ok
- Fixed income knowledge required. Must have knowledge of fixed income asset classes.
- Experience with operational process and internal control design in an investment company
- Operational Risk, Operations, Audit and/or Finance background
- Strong oral and writing skills
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and SSAE 16
- Project management experience
- Sound analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, think outside the box, and demonstrate creativity and innovation
- Strong attention to detail