Apply on Company Website
Prudential has an exciting opportunity for a results and service oriented individual to lead one of our Customer Service teams within the Group Insurance Call Center operation. This position is responsible for the daily leadership and direction of 15-20 call center representatives responding to inquires related to various products, including Group Life and Long-Term care insurance. This individual will manage all aspects of the call center team and ensure superior customer service is provided to our many customers in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Follows on established policies and procedures. Provides and implements process improvement recommendations.
- Responsible for daily operational performance of a customer service team.
- Provides guidance to employees; has full supervisory responsibility.
- Manages recruitment, hiring needs, performance reviews and training & development of staff.
- Ensures quality and service standards are maintained along with customer-specific performance guarantees.
- Supports and promotes improved processes and best practices that enhance customer service, increases employee satisfaction and decreases operational expense.
- Ensures effective training programs and plans are in place for incoming employees and monitors continuing education and training for existing staff.
- Contributes to the call center's success and profitability by partnering with other managers to continually review operating procedures and processes to ensure that the best possible service is maintained and accuracy levels are achieved.
- Creates and monitors process flows for the overall direction of the Call Center. Process flows include: inbound calls, outbound calls and fulfillment requests.
- Manages the Call Center by monitoring productivity levels, identifying opportunities to optimize operational efficiencies and cost controls; and developing and implementing changes that will improve efficiencies and the Call Center's performance.
- Oversees the analysis and results of customer surveys.
- Stays updated on industry trends and regulations and ensures call center compliance such as HIPAA and Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Partners with Human Resources, ensures prompt resolution of corrective action plans and employee relations issues.
- Represents Call Center operations in cross functional meetings, projects and processes.
- Participates in task forces/committees/projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred; MBA or advanced education a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing call center process flow, average call time, call volume and high customer service levels preferred.
- Experience supervising 3-5 FTE's required; management experience preferred.
- Proven ability to motivate employees and create a culture that supports high employee morale.
- Proven leadership and change-management skills, team-orientated, and a proactive and optimistic management style.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments to solve complex problems and improve quality and service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and capable of interacting with all levels of Prudential associates.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude is a must.
- Flexibility and strong problem-solving and issues resolution skills.
- Ability to influence and implement change related to quality improvement.
- Ability to effectively communicate organizational objectives to associates and coordinate work efforts of others.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft applications; Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.