Apply on Company Website
The Change and Configuration Management Analyst within Group Insurance Information Technology has the responsibility, of maintaining and driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the daily Change activities. The goal of this role is to ensure that a considered approach to risk assessment and business impact is employed when processing changes to IT Services.
This position is responsible to:
- Champion and promote the benefits of Change and Configuration Management and IT Service Management processes
- Day to day oversight of adherence to the Change Management processes, policies, and procedures
- Responsible for helping to drive the activities that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of these processes
- Creation and distribution of change management reports
- Review Requests For Changes (RFC) and ensure approvals are reviewed within agreed to timeframes
- Facilitation of the Change Advisory Board. Providing leadership in driving decisions and appropriate level of participation in the impact assessments of proposed changes.
- Document comprehensive impact and change collision assessments to facilitate the approval process
- Schedule and chair regular IT and emergency Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings
- Be available during non business hours to support major events and emergency changes
- Manage and distribute the Forward Schedule of Change
- Keep all RFC records up to date in the IT Service Management toolset and review the status of all RfCs on a regular basis
- Responsible to support initiatives associated with the integration of the Change Management process into the Release, Incident, Problem, IT Service Continuity, and Configuration Management processes
- Oversee the change management post implementation process
The following are REQUIRED:
- 3+ years experience in IT Service Management functions.
- 3+ years of experience as the process owner of one or more ITSM processes.
- Thorough understanding of Change Management with proven experience supporting this process within a fortune 500 company
- Experience with facilitation and enforcement of procedures and processes across diverse geographic locations.
- An overall control-oriented focus to ensure processes and service delivery are compliant and risk averse.
- Demonstrated ability of establishing and maintaining metrics based process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong alliances with those outside of your immediate organization.
- Strong customer service mindset with ability to appropriately balance risk with service delivery expectations.
- Clear, authoritative and professional communication skills.
- Experience facilitating cross functional meetings.
- Relationship building and collaboration skills.
- Detail oriented and adept at understanding abstract concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal (listening, written and verbal communication) and presentation skills.
- Skill at resolving conflict and negotiating effectively and tactfully.
- Demonstrated project leadership experience handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous service improvement.
- Demonstrated track record as a team player.
- Demonstrated track record as a critical thinker.
The following are DESIRED:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Familiarity with Service Now, Remedy, Quality Center or similar tools