Apply on Company Website
Prudential's Corporate Compensation department is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining reward plans and practices, including salary, annual incentive and long-term incentive programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate talent. This position is responsible for compensation relationship management for one or more client groups in the corporate centers, including Actuarial, Finance, Human Resources, Risk Management and Operations and Systems. The incumbent consults with HR staff and management in developing, modeling, assessing and administering compensation solutions that support the corporate center strategies.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Work with local HR staff and management to develop compensation solutions, practices, and plans that support a strong market-based pay for performance environment.
- Develop and provide custom reports and analyses to clients to ensure compensation programs align with the corporate center’s strategy and are market competitive.
- Participate in market survey efforts and the analysis of survey results to ensure compensation programs remain externally competitive.
- Provide on-going compensation consulting services such as job evaluation, external market pricing and policy interpretation. Makes recommendations on pay decisions to maintain internal equity, external competitiveness and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Lead and/or manage the annual compensation process for assigned clients, including salary, annual incentive and equity awards.
- Conduct training and education on compensation programs for clients as needed.
- Contribute to and sometimes lead departmental and corporate human resources projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, or related field required; Masters desirable.
- Certified Compensation Professional designation desirable.
- 4 or more years of compensation design and consulting.
- Knowledgeable in the use of compensation market information.
- HR consulting or generalist experience helpful.
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills; proficient in MS Word and MS ACCESS.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Business Objects or Cognos a plus.
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and project management ability.
- Ability to work independently and in team environments.
- Collaborative and agile; proven client relationship skills including communication and influencing skills.