Apply on Company Website
The Director, Actuarial, In-force Management and Liability Modeling, is a new position responsible for leading the pricing and modeling of Prudential's industry leading Structured Settlement business.
- Assess and assist in managing a $50+ billion Pension Risk Transfer and Structured Settlement block of existing business. Develop recommendations to enhance value to the enterprise. Develop and refine financial and actuarial modeling and financial frameworks for existing books of business.
- Ensure risk/return profile and financial and actuarial framework and drivers are clearly understood by senior management and monitored appropriately. Develop and maintain insightful and actionable risk/return metrics for the inforce book of business.
- Utilize stochastic and deterministic modeling techniques to evaluate the inforce book of business economics including sensitivities and risks related to capital, reserves, and earnings, and returns.
- Partner with Product, Valuation, ALM, and Finance/Treasurers, to evaluate the impact of current and potential investment and book-of-business strategies on statutory, GAAP, and economic balance sheets, income statements, and corresponding risk/return metrics. Analyze portfolio and derivative strategies and risk/return trade-offs and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain evaluation of actual results vs. pricing assumptions.
- Assist with some business actuarial projects (structured settlement and longevity reinsurance) as needed.
- Be an active participant in Prudential's actuarial community.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- FSA strongly preferred, ASA required; 7+ years of business / actuarial experience.
- Experience with structured settlement, annuity or group pension products.
- Knowledge of longevity, mortality, interest-rate and credit risks.
- Knowledge of reserving techniques, financial statements and projections, insurance laws and accounting, investments, term structure of interest rates, duration/convexity and the operation of the financial markets.
- Superior technical skills and ability to understand complex quantitative concepts and models.
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Highly motivated and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with high quality standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work productively with internal and corporate business partners (product, actuarial, finance, treasurers).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, particularly in presenting results to senior executives.
- Advanced Excel, Visual Basic and related computer skills.