Apply on Company Website
The Director, Actuarial, Longevity Reinsurance Pricing, is a new position responsible for leading the pricing and modeling of Prudential's Pension Longevity Reinsurance business.
- Develop and refine pricing, modeling, and capital methodology and financial frameworks for new and existing books of business. Ensure compliance with enterprise pricing standards.
- In partnership with business leaders, determine and test optimal pricing strategies to balance competitiveness, growth and profitability.
- Partner with Product Actuarial and Longevity Underwriting Teams to analyze mortality and demographic assumptions for pension plans and structure jumbo longevity insurance transactions.
- Provide timely, accurate and insightful pricing analytics to facilitate confident decision-making and to achieve business goals.
- Lead the development and implementation of the financial foundation for product innovations and customized solutions.
- Support jumbo prospect, intermediary, and counterparty engagement and negotiation.
- Partner with business and corporate leaders to determine and implement optimal pricing strategies that balance competitiveness and profitability while ensuring compliance with Enterprise Pricing Standards.
- Establish efficient and robust pricing processes and ensure compliance with Model Risk Policies and End User Controls.
- Assist with other non-Longevity Reinsurance pricingl projects (in-force management, structured settlement pricing) as needed.
- Be an active participant in Prudential's actuarial community
- Bachelor's Degree required
- FSA strongly preferred, ASA required,; 7+ years of business / actuarial experience.
- Experience with mortality and/or longevity risks and insurance products (ideally within annuity and/or pension space)
- Highly motivated, innovative, and creative problem solver and conceptual thinker
- Ability to convey sense of urgency and to work productively with internal and corporate business partners (product, actuarial, finance, treasurers)
- Strong project management skills
- Superior technical skills and ability to understand complex quantitative concepts and models.
- Collaborative and team-oriented leadership style
- Strong presentation and communication skills