Apply on Company Website
Prudential's Anti-Money Laundering Unit (AMLU) has three major components designed to ensure a robust AML and OFAC compliance process. They are AMLU operations; AML and OFAC compliance oversight; and AML and OFAC program supervision.
The ideal candidate will be primarily accountable for the ongoing improvement of the AML and OFAC compliance oversight functions of the AMLU in a risk-based manner. This person will not be a manager of people, but will need to collaborate with business partners in order to successfully discharge his or her duties. Daily tasks will consist of, but are not limited to:
- Developing, modifying and conducting AML and OFAC risk assessments for various business areas.
- Creating and performing control self assessments of the AMLU itself in collaboration with the Corporate Centers Risk Officer.
- Performing Quality Reviews of work performed by the AMLU.
- Preparing and overseeing compliance performance metrics and statistics, and preparing reports to be sent to various internal parties.
- Acting as the primary liaison for the annual independent test of the AMLU.
- Developing and conducting compliance oversight of relationships with internal or external third parties that perform AML or OFAC duties for the AMLU (with the exception of the AML/OFAC work performed by Pramerica Ireland) or US Subsidiaries of Prudential Financial. This may include: site visits as a representative of the AML Officer and the drafting of associated memos; reconciliation and monitoring of work performed or documents provided to the AMLU and/or Prudential.
- Reviewing and analyzing the various AML programs on a periodic basis and drafting necessary changes for final approval by the AML Officer.
- Supervising and overseeing the AMLU's records management program.
- Supervising the Records Hold Order process.
- Analyzing the results of transaction monitoring systems and drafting recommended changes to the system for optimal results or to close gaps revealed in emerging criminal typologies.
- Overseeing and conducting special projects and other duties as assigned by the AML Officer.
- BA or BS Degree strongly preferred
- Five years of any combination of risk assessment/management, compliance, program monitoring, testing, or operational oversight required.
- Prior operational anti-money laundering experience a plus, but some knowledge of anti-money laundering and/or OFAC compliance principles required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Analytical skills required with the ability to exercise prudent judgment and discretion in the process of identifying and resolving problems/issues.
- Highly organized with attention to details necessary.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Highly motivated with a positive outlook and the ability to demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times.
- Individual must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Knowledge of Mutual fund, Life Insurance, Annuities, and/or retail Broker/Dealer products a plus. Additionally, experience with Institutional brokerage or commodities trading customers is a plus.