Apply on Company Website
Prudential Financial Inc. seeks an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as Director, Business Measurement
within the Group Insurance Life Underwriting Organization. This position will report to the Vice President, Life Underwriting and Financial Analysis and will be a critical component of the Financial Planning (indirect reporting line) and the Group Insurance Strategic Planning team.
Individual has oversight of the Business Intelligence staff responsible for architecture, data mart design, data warehouses and business intelligence reporting across the business unit. Fully knowledgeable of day-to-day activities designing end-to-end Business Intelligence solutions and data models but may require input on highly complex issues. May include responsibility for ETL designs and BI/OLAP applications. Contributes to designing BI end-to-end solutions and methodologies, and implements data models and other solutions. Develops documentation and helps identify ways to increase the use of Business Intelligence within the business unit. Develops or brings technical expertise. Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for;
- Managing the forecasting and business measurement process of NAO and MM Group Life insurance business and playing a key role in the analysis of actual results.
- Measuring the success rate of life pricing strategies by developing, analyzing and reporting out of various case and aggregate business metrics.
- Developing and maintaining a superior control environment utilizing best practices with
respect to processes, documentation and business judgment.
The Director has a staff of 3 and will perform the following functions supporting the responsibilities listed above:
- Preparation of life underwriting projections supporting GAAP and STAT forecasts of Life financial results and related analysis including presenting results to Senior Management.
- Coordinating, conducting and documenting financial analysis including but not limited to: management reporting, strategic planning, expense management and competitive analysis.
- Tracking and reporting of pricing strategies and case/product level results including sold to target ratios, discounts due to TTW rankings, enrollments and business decisions, RORE projections, expected loss ratios and actual results, expected loss ratios and actual results . This information would be used to continuously assess pricing strategies and make appropriate changes as necessary.
- Participation on projects related to the forecast process, currently the implementation of a C&O Clarity Model in 4Q12 and supporting Fed Reporting forecasting processes.
- Partnering with various units to complete deliverables including Finance, Sales, SAM, Actuarial and other senior management
- Developing metrics to assess the quality of the control environment and work with Policy and Shared Services to improve and maintain superior QR results, TTW best practices and provide appropriate training.
- High performing Manager / early level Director with at least ten years of background in life / disability underwriting, financial planning or reporting.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated experience reviewing financial information for key drivers and significant trends.
- Proven ability to influence and engage all levels of an organization to execute multiple priorities under aggressive timeframes. Strong organization skills required.
- Strong communications skills. Experience communicating financial results to different audiences, including senior management. Ability to effectively present information orally and in written forms.
- Proven management and leadership skills.
- Experience implementing process improvements.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, though not mandatory.