Apply on Company Website
The Prudential Group Insurance Contact Center is staffed with experienced professionals who are trained to assist group plan members with managing their Group Life, Disability, and Long Term Care accounts. The organization is comprised of approximately 200 customer associates with expertise across multiple product lines. The GI Contact Center handles approximately 2 million calls a year and is comprised of four service center sites located in; Dresher, PA, Roseland, NJ, Portland, ME, and Scottsdale, AZ.
The GI Life Contact Center is primarily responsible for answering in-bound phone calls, web chats, and e-mails from members. The contact center representatives use a "Consultative Approach" model to service participants by understanding customer needs and providing education throughout their interactions, which include:
- Providing intake and status updates on Life, and Long Term Care claims
- Maintaining benefits records such as beneficiary designations, coverage amounts, and contact information
- Assisting members with questions or inquiries on bills
- Handling members' enrollment and medical underwriting related activities
- Website and IVR navigation consultation
This position reports to the Vice President of the Contact Center and is responsible for the overall performance, administrative activities and service standards for a staff of approximately 60-100 direct/indirect reports.
- Serves as lead contact for our account management teams, voluntary organization, as well as partners closely with our internal operations departments.
- Establishes strong partnerships with functional areas in SDO to ensure a positive customer experience is provided.
- Champions and leads project that impact and influence customer service.
- Partners with the Vice President and the Contact Center leadership team on strategic business development and key organizational issues that relate to and impact the Contact Center.
- Ensures timely investigation and completion of customers' concerns relating to claims handling and benefit maintenance.
- Focuses commitment on leadership development and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Ensures an on-going commitment to employee development and training needs
- Oversees proper scheduling of service staff to accommodate business needs & peak call volume
- Builds and fosters an environment that is conducive to obtaining exceptional results
- Develops and provides senior managers and the organization with periodic reporting on emerging issues, opportunities, and outcomes affecting the Contact Center.
- Ensures continued focus on documenting internal policies and procedures
- Handles long term planning and expense management are also critical.
- 7+ years customer service call center management experience
- Understanding and knowledge of Group Life claims administration is a plus
- Management experience in the Group Insurance Industry a plus
- Must be able to motivate and energize staff
- Must have proven track record for delivering excellent customer service and excellent customer experience
- Superior management skills, innovation, vision and a strong business acumen
- Strong Talent Management focus with an emphasis on developing leadership bench strength
- Strong technical background with a demonstrate ability to utilize technology to enhance efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute business strategies to meet long-term / short-term goals
- Demonstrated experience in quantifying results and improving capacity
- Excellent organizational as well as written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to address conflicts and provide immediate resolutions, also identify technical/process improvement opportunities
- Strong sense of urgency