Apply on Company Website
This position acts as a representative of Corporate HR for all merger, acquisition, divestiture and outsourcing initiatives across Prudential's domestic and international businesses. In this role, the individual will work closely with and advise the HR business partners and business leaders involved in the transactions on key negotiation positions, strategies and plan/policy impacts that could impact the economics of the transaction as well as the overall success.
The individual will partners closely with Employment and Benefits Law to ensure that all HR risks and issues are managed throughout all phases of the transaction. Also, the individual engages with various Corporate HR Communities of Practice (COPs) as well as key HR vendors to define, manage and execute on all integration activities required of completed transactions.
This individual will also serve in the role of project manager for key HR initiatives sponsored by the various HR COPs and Community Resources. In this role, the individual will partner closely with the project sponsor to manage all phases of the initiative in accordance with the established HR Project Management methodology.
- Coordinate and manage all HR due diligence activities required on each transaction. This includes the coordination and approval of HR data to be provided to prospective buyers, conducting and/or participating in management and HR sessions held during the diligence phase between buyers and/or sellers, analyzing information provided in order to assess and report key financial, reputational, legal or integration risks and challenges.
- Lead the negotiation activities for employment and benefit matters of each transaction. This includes partnering with Employment and Benefits law, as well as outside counsel engaged on the transaction, to review and advise on all transaction documents, participate in negotiation sessions with potential buyers or sellers and provide guidance to Business leaders and the HR Business partner on HR matters that may affect transaction costs, integration or negotiation positions.
- Lead and manage all integration activities required by each transaction. This includes mobilizing the various COPs, key HR vendors and other Corporate-wide partners to define and execute all integration plans.
- Coordinate and oversee the development of the HR Communication strategy and materials to ensure that employees affected by the transaction understand the impacts to their own situation and their participation in the various HR plans and programs so that ultimately the "people" aspects of the transaction run smoothly.
- Represent HR on the broader business integration teams to report out high level status as well as key linkages & tasks that need to be coordinated across Corporate functions.
- For assigned HR initiatives, develop and manage project plans to ensure task execution and coordination of dependencies. Ensure that all plans incorporate key required steps as outlined in the HR Project Management methodology.
- Manage change control process to ensure scope, schedule and cost issues are tracked, reported and resolved.
- Communicate project status to key stakeholders. This includes preparing and conducting periodic steering committee meetings with senior management to communicate high level status, obtain guidance and critical project decisions as well as completing regular reports utilized to inform the broader HR community of status on key initiatives.
- Coordinate the gathering of post implementation data to assess lessons learned with the project team and to contribute to the overall continual improvement of HR's Project Management methodology.
- Strong partnering and interpersonal skills, with the ability and courage to influence and mobilize individuals both horizontally and vertically in the organization.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to grasp and understand business strategies and translate these into tactics to mobilize resources in order to achieve intended results.
- Proven problem solving, analytical and consulting skills.
- Excellent communication skill including verbal, listening and written.
- Prior experience in managing HR matters for M&A transactions, with a focus specifically on Corporate HR areas, such as Benefits, Compensation, HR Policy and Operations.
- Broad knowledge of Benefit & Compensation plan structures, funding vehicles and regulatory constraints.
- Broad understanding of HR operations, including payroll, tax, employee data management and benefit administration.
- 10 or more years of experience managing mid to large scale HR projects.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Proficiency in suite of Microsoft applications
- Flexibility with schedule required to accommodate business needs.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally for business needs.