Apply on Company Website
Prudential Retirement's Information Technology organization is actively seeking a qualified Enterprise Architect to support the creation and maintenance of the enterprise architecture and technology strategy to support Prudential Retirement’s strategic business plans across the businesses within the Retirement division. The Director, EA participates in strategic IT planning activities at the Business unit as well as Enterprise level and formulates technology architecture, patterns, standards, and services leveraging common technologies and architecture that span application, data and infrastructure domains. The candidate will work closely with multiple internal business groups, the Chief Enterprise Architect, Data Architects, Solution Architects, and Corporate Technology teams to define or evolve the architecture in alignment with overall business and technology strategy. The candidate will partner with key stakeholders in our Technology, Marketing, Product, Operations, and Sales teams to ensure.
- Define business capability models, reference architectures, business/technology roadmaps, and associated artifacts
- Provide consultation to promote, interpret, and apply strategy and architecture within the Retirement business as well as across the Enterprise
- Participate in collaborative architectural governance processes to align solution development with defined architectures
- Assess new and emerging technologies to drive visionary business and architecture strategy
- Developing and recommending novel and innovative -- yet proven and demonstrated -- approaches to solving business and technical problems.
- Leading the creation of architecturally significant solution designs pattern documentation to meet the business and technology goals.
- Keeping up-to-date on new methodologies, technologies, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment
- Preparing and presenting potential directional approaches and solutions and advising the business on the technical and business value of the proposition.
- 10+ years of demonstrated thought leadership in technology architecture leadership roles with increasing responsibility scope
- Extensive experience developing roadmaps ,reference architectures and capability models using proven methodologies and frameworks
- Extensive experience collaborating with solution, information, and application architects and infrastructure engineers to identify, design, and implement highly complex, end-to-end solutions
- Broad understanding of the Retirement business
- Demonstrated thought leadership and technology management skills
- Proven experience in the field of software development and hands-on experience designing, implementing, and maintaining highly-engineered, enterprise-level online solutions
- Data modeling, object modeling, design patterns, relational databases, and web technologies experience
- Experience with deploying Service Oriented Architectures and associated Web Services development standards.
- Strong Program Execution, Project Management, and Project Budgeting skills
- Knowledge of emerging technologies/platforms and service-level supported cloud infrastructures
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Respected leader with demonstrated ability to influence colleagues at senior, junior and peer levels
- Experience in forming strategic partnerships with technology and business partners in a collaborative manner
- Strong analytical, organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to lead and manage organizational change with ability to predict, recognize and manage cultural and technological changes within the organization and to prescribe corresponding transitions.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, and marketing skills to work with users, senior management, and external personnel on significant matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline