Apply on Company Website
Director of Planning and Demand Management, Business Architect
The Business Architect Team Director is responsible for developing and leading a team of business analysts and support individuals in the Business Technology Liaison BTL Function under the Total Retirement Services TRS organization.
The key Business Analyst Team primary responsibilities are: ensuring the delivery, priority and quality of the Business Technology Strategic Initiatives Planning, Demand Management, Enhancements, and Manage Operation System's implementation efforts.
The team is required to develop, maintain, and manage the Lifecycle of Demand Management requests from creation to close. By partnering with other business and technology teams, the Business Analyst Team will define the rules and conditions when issues/enhancements should be escalated to ensure key service level or support targets are met. The team will collaborate with technical and business partners, and end-users to define criteria and assign requests to the proper technical area, and link related issues/enhancement in parent-child relationship to associate multiple incidents related to the same issues/enhancement. The team will develop and generate standard and custom reports, and dashboards to enable business owners to monitor issues/enhancements key performance indicators that facilitate the delivery of the best solutions to help TRS business organizations achieve the desired immediate and strategic outcomes.
The Director is accountable for providing leadership and direction for the Business Analysts and Support individuals in the BTL group, and working with Project Managers to prioritize strategic and tactical project deliverables. The Director is responsible for the overall coordination of releases for fixes and enhancements, and ensuring each release meets end user acceptance test and verifying the stability of new development.
This role ensures the clear alignment of project deliverables with the overarching Retirement strategies. This Director level position aligns technology capabilities with the organization's objectives and long-term strategies and oversees the completion of key projects and strategic process improvements.
The Director of the Analyst Team works directly and reports to the VP of Business and Technology Liaison BTL and will lead a team of highly technical people that are responsible for the management and delivery of prioritized technology projects. The position will have 1-3 direct reports of a total BTL team size of approximately 15-20 people. The expanded team includes employees and a variety of vendor resources including; domestic consultants as well as both onshore and offshore vendor resources. A strong teamwork ethic is required with the diverse make-up of the team to successfully deliver the organizational benefits.
This position ensures that the organization is flexible enough to adapt and adhere to changing industry and business needs. Maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders is also critical for success within this role.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Direct Business Technology Strategic Initiatives Planning, and Prioritization
- Responsible and accountable for managing of Business/Technology Enhancements, and Operation System's implementation efforts
- Effectively communicate within the analysis organization as well as broader across all of technology
- Support UAT planning, triage/defect review, and process improvement as needed to ensure the end solution meets requirements and user needs as agreed to
- Adheres to the approved Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including the appropriate procedures for project delivery
- Support business and technology project managers and stakeholders to manage the project scope and ensure the project remains on-time and on-budget
- Build strong working relationships across organizations and geographies
- Work closely with the delivery organization to ensure projects are delivered on what the business partners intended
- Work closely with business/technology operations team to ensure a smooth transition of projects into production
- Work directly with business sponsors to ensure their needs and expectations of project delivery are being met
- Take a leadership role in developing and maintaining productive relationships with key clients, stakeholders and technology partners to facilitate cross organizational communications and transparency
- Lead cross functional teams, and work with relevant stakeholders to deliver on business priorities
- Demonstrate strong program and project governance and delivery skills
- Recommend cost effective solutions to address business challenges and opportunities
- Ensure all Analyst project team members are clear on project goals, benefits, methods, roles and responsibilities
- Ensure best use of resources to support the organization's commitments
- Responsible for capacity planning of Analyst team technology resources including employees, consultants and remote vendor resources
- Monitors and forecasts Analyst team resource demand and staffs appropriately
- Understands future resource skill set demand and provide appropriate training
- Understands industry trends and plan for adoption where appropriate
- 10+ years experience in business technology leadership, preferably within a large financial services company or consulting organization
- Prior experience and understanding of the ITIL framework, processes of incident, problem, and release and change management is required
- Working knowledge of one of the following competencies ALM, EAM, PPM, or CMDB is highly desirable
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills as well as excellent proficiency in all communications methods
- Possess strong distributed environment knowledge in order to perform research and analysis on critical incident and problem tickets, identify relationships and trends.
- Proficient in executing root cause analysis of critical incidents, facilitate root cause corrective action teams, drive to identify root cause, assign and manage action items, make recommendations for remediation, and communicate results to leadership and business partners
- Possess a strong understanding of the software development life cycle and User Acceptance Testing methodologies consistent with large enterprise activities
- Proven ability to delivery across the internal technology organization as well as across a larger organization including external service providers
- Ability to write and deliver performance objectives, goals and reviews
- Ability to maintain the optimal mix of internal and external resources to achieve business objectives
- Demonstrates a talent mindset with a proven ability to mentor and develop others
- Ability to sustain involvement in multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities, and ensure achieving overall business objectives and managing risk
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Experience leading large-scale business/technical organization
- Strong problem analysis and solution negotiation experience
- Development of relationships with key business population and service providers
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Experience leading a team of highly technical professionals
- Proven ability at influencing others not within their own management structure
- Bachelors degree in business or technology related discipline