Apply on Company Website
Mutual Fund Product Development seeks to advance the growth and retention of the firm’s mutual fund assets, as well as the competitiveness and profitability of the product line. The group consists of two teams: Product Research & Project Management. This position is within the Product Research team, and will report to the head of Product Development who oversees both teams.
The Product Research team is responsible for researching and proposing:
- New mutual funds and related lines of business
- Product modifications (e.g., investments, pricing, and policies)
- Product-line rationalization initiatives (e.g., mergers)In support of these and other initiatives, this group researches and prepares detailed presentations summarizing proposals and related matters, and co-manages aspects the overall product line with other areas to ensure the competitiveness of existing products.
This position is accountable for:
- Producing a pipeline of new product ideas by conducting various forms of research both independently, and in partnership with other areas of the company
- Defining competitive market requirements and opportunities
- Assessing infrastructure requirements and logistics required to launch and support new product ideas
- Summarizing findings into proposals, business updates, presentations, and quantitative/ qualitative summaries
- Leading working groups through the evaluation, development and execution of new products or services, product changes, mergers, and other business initiatives
- Maintaining an in depth understanding of functional business area considerations, including, but not limited to, Investments, Legal, Accounting, Operations, etc.
- Interfacing with business partners to determine initiative feasibility, optimal product design, proposed timelines, communications and positioning, field impact, resource requirements and other important factors, and to coordinate the implementation of approved initiatives
- Providing consulting services to many different areas of the company in support of strategic initiatives and cross-functional research projects
- Establishing and maintaining processes and connectivity with other business groups in support of information sharing and initiative assessment
- Supporting a team environment by assisting on other initiatives as needed based on group workload
- Five to seven years of product development or related experience in a financial services organization; mutual fund experience strongly preferred.
- Outstanding organizational skills, with a proven ability to both lead and participate in cross-functional teams to research, develop and implement large-scale product initiatives, including but not limited to launching new products and/or new lines of business.
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all departments and organizational levels.
- A strong understanding of capital markets, as well as investment concepts and issues. Knowledge of alternative investments is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects on a timely basis.
- Self directed; must be comfortable with establishing objectives, then working independently to achieve them, seeking manager’s input as needed. Attention to detail a must.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong analytical capabilities.
- Professional qualifications /licenses such as CFA, Series 6 or 7 preferred, but not a requirement.
- Strong PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Knowledge of industry databases, such as Lipper, Strategic Insight Simfund, and/or Morningstar, etc., a plus.