Apply on Company Website
Prudential has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Strategy within its Group Insurance business.
The Director of Strategy will be a member of the Strategy, Planning, and Business Insights team within Group Insurance. This group works closely with key P&L and functional leaders on the most significant strategic challenges facing the business. Typical projects involve developing business strategies, providing advisory support to business partners, evaluating business opportunities, and leveraging market research and business intelligence to drive new sources of competitive advantage for the business.
- Drive the completion of discrete work streams within larger strategy projects. The Director is expected to be able to scope and define key objectives with business and project leads and then execute relatively independently drawing upon both internal and external resources.
- Validate, structure, and analyze large data sets to inform strategic perspectives.
- Financial modeling of future potential P&Ls for business lines or products based on projected changes in product offerings, target customers, service delivery models, or business models.
- Conduct primary/secondary research and financial analysis to inform strategy development.
- Develop materials and analysis for strategy off-sites and meetings for Group Insurance’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Identify and evaluate emerging issues that may impact Group Insurance. Identify best practices and insights from other industries and companies that can benefit Group Insurance.
- 7+ years overall business experience, with four or more years experience executing strategy projects in the financial services industry either in a corporate strategy role or as a consultant.
- Strong track record of executing strategy projects that deliver impact and generate new insights.
- Insurance (e.g., group benefits, individual life insurance, health insurance) or financial services experience preferred, but not required.
- Very strong analytical, modeling, and problem solving skills. Proficiency with excel and powerpoint is critical.
- Strong primary and secondary research skills.
- Project management experience.
- Solution-oriented mindset and approach to business issues.
- High integrity, enthusiasm, and energy.
- Strong partnering skills and ability to work collaboratively across a large organization.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred.