Apply on Company Website
The goal of the Disability Claim Examiner is to efficiently and effectively direct Long Term Disability claims toward the appropriate outcome while providing superior customer service. The Disability Claim Examiner is a multi-dimensional position whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Heavy written and verbal communication with a diverse population of customers, including claimants with physical and mental impairments, physicians, attorneys, benefit representatives, other healthcare providers, and internal/external clients.
- Facilitate the technical aspects of the claim and appropriately apply the legal and contractual provisions.
- Calculate appropriate dates and payments amounts accurately.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with group clients.
- Participate in projects/activities related to claim management and staff development.
- Understand and correctly utilize the appropriate systems.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and communication skills demonstrated in previous work experience.
- Specific experience with collaborative negotiations.
- Proven skills in positive and effective interaction with customers.
- Experience in effectively meeting/exceeding individual professional expectations and team goals.
- Demonstrated analytical and math skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- High level of flexibility to adapt to the needs of the organization.
- PC skills required (i.e., Windows based environment)
- College degree preferred.
- Incumbents typically have 2-5 years of relevant experience managing Long Term Disability claims.