Apply on Company Website
A Financial Analyst position is currently available in the Group Insurance Planning and Analysis unit of the Group Insurance Finance Division.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the support of forecasting, planning and analysis of the Group Insurance Disability and Small Market business results. The candidate should be comfortable in developing, and owning projects or analysis, and ensuring completion of projects on a timely basis. The candidate will have an energetic outlook, offer new perspectives, seek to make continual improvements in analysis and reporting process, and seek to develop his/her skill set.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the development and analysis of financial multiyear plans and updates that incorporate high level business drivers of profitability and are supported by insightful financial analytics. These forecasts are directly communicated to and relied upon by senior management in strategic decision making.
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners, including Actuarial, Underwriting, Sales, ALM, Treasurers and Tax in building the strategic business plans and to develop and validate underlying modeling assumptions.
- Perform comparative analysis and attribution of actual results versus forecast.
- Prepare monthly report of key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Conduct competitive analysis to understand Group Insurance’s position in the marketplace by product.
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Support the Group Insurance Disability business with various ad hoc strategic projects, presentations and requests.
- Participate in enterprise and departmental initiatives.
- Degree in Accounting / Finance (or equivalent work experience)
- 3 years of experience
- MBA, CPA or progress toward such a designation is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple priorities/projects and daily activities, and work independently
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills, with close attention to detail
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels
- Demonstrates strong initiative and good time management
- Knowledge of Oracle, all of the financial reporting tools, GAAP and Statutory Accounting is a plus
- Strong PC skills especially in Excel and PowerPoint
- Overtime is required during peak periods