Apply on Company Website
The Grants Manager reports to the Vice-President of The Prudential Foundation and provides financial, grant making and operational support for the Foundation. She/he leads the day-to-day operations of the Foundation's grants management function by overseeing grants management staff and directing all components of grants processing and supports the general administration of the Foundation.
- Directs all components of grants processing including regulatory compliance, and sharing of grants information and data with program, finance, communications, information technology and other administrative staff so that all foundation activities are smoothly implemented; Create and implement systems and practices that support the grants management function.
- Provides direct management of two Foundation grant associates; Supports the training and professional development of broader Foundation staff in compliance, internal grant process and technology for efficient use of Foundation resources.
- Implements and maintains grants management software that follows Foundation's work processes to assure integrity of grant performance and financial data. Generate performance and financial data for Foundation reports including the Community Resources Oversight Committee board book, CRD annual report and company surveys.
- Creates and maintains Foundation budgets, conducts financial record keeping and analysis. Serves as the primary liaison with Prudential Comptrollers. Conduct periodic financial reports and analyzes data as needed.
- Manages the Foundation matching gifts program by serving as the primary liaison with external vendor (JK Group) that process the Foundation's matching gifts.
- Oversees standard terms and conditions for grant award letters, agreements and contracts and all other Foundation correspondence.
- Ensures compliance with IRS regulations and Foundation requirements for all grants and programs. Oversees internal and external Foundation audits and other compliance-related assessments.
- Updates Foundation grants management and general Foundation policies and procedures manual.
- Support general Foundation administration by updating operational budgets, monitoring consultant contracts and coordinating procurement activities.
- Undertakes special projects as assigned or initiated.
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Knowledge and application of best practices in grant making.
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience managing GIFTS software.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly with financial data and budgets, as well as demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Prior audit experience a plus.
- Prior experience working with regulatory and nonprofit organizations.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to set priorities and work in a self-directed fashion, and willing and able to think outside the box and contribute new ideas and solutions.
- Proven ability to establish and sustain professional relationships.
- High-level proficiency of MS Excel, MS Word, and GIFTS for Windows or other grants management software is required.
- Experience with establishing organizational systems to improve efficiency in a changing environment is a plus.