Apply on Company Website
Prudential Mortgage Capital Company is one of the nation's leading providers of commercial mortgages on multifamily, retail, office, industrial, and hotel properties. The Company offers one of the most comprehensive lines of real estate finance products including fixed-rate, floating-rate and interim/bridge loans; Fannie Mae DUS™ , Freddie Mac and FHA lending; and mezzanine and affordable housing financing.
The Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac division of PMCC is seeking a Closer. This position is based in Arlington, Virginia.
The position will coordinate the timely and accurate handling of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loan closings in accordance with the Fannie Mae DUS™ , Freddie Mac and Prudential guidelines. Job duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Interfaces with internal and external parties, including senior closer, underwriter, analyst, closing attorney, title company, servicing and asset management personnel.
- Responsible for performing pre and post closing functions including managing closing checklist to ensure that closing counsel has received all required documents to review and process the loan.
- Prepares draft settlement statements under the direction of the Senior Closer. Works directly with title company to complete final closing statements prior to disbursement of loan proceeds.
- Must be able to perform quality control functions on loans, verifying accuracy of data prior to submission to investors.
- Working knowledge of required insurance accord forms and policies needed for closing.
- Ability to create and maintain working spreadsheet of status of loans closing for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans.
- Assist Senior Closers in all other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3-5 years closing experience. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac closing experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of mortgage loan document types required for closing and servicing of loans. Commercial Loan documentation experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills required with the ability to multi-task and work independently in a time sensitive environment where meeting established deadlines are critical.
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills essential with the ability to create/build and maintain relationships with internal and external parties.
- Personal Computer Skills (Advanced Excel, Access, Word, Microsoft Packages).
- Self motivated and Detail Oriented essential
- Limited travel may be required