Apply on Company Website
The position is for a Manager, Business and Operating Risk Management to support Prudential Fixed Income (PFI), the Fixed Income unit of Prudential’s Asset Management Business. PFI is the largest asset management group within Asset Management, managing assets which include government, mortgage, and asset-backed securities, municipal bonds, corporate and high yield bonds, bank loans and emerging market debt. PFI manages investments for a wide variety of domestic and international clients, which include public and corporate pension funds, institutional and retail investors and Prudential's general account.
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Business and Operating Risk Management, the Manager will assist in executing all of these business risk strategies. PFI’s Business and Operating Risk Management team supports the strategic objectives of the business by helping to ensure that an effective and efficient risk management program is maintained.
- Work with business unit staff to proactively identify and evaluate business and operational risks, and facilitate in the development and enhancement of processes that help mitigate risk, ensure compliance, and protect PFI’s brand
- Manage the error reporting process and perform the appropriate level of due diligence to determine the root cause and identify trends monitor, analyze and communicate emerging risks and trends
- Manage all aspects of the audit process, including pre-assessment, planning, coordinating execution, and action plan development
- Manage PFI’s Sarbanes-Oxley efforts and related reviews. Communicate results and analysis to the VP Business & Operating Risk, FI senior management and key internal stakeholders
- Monitor open audit issues and ensure timely closure upon approval by the VP Business and Operating RIsk Management
- Participate in the development of Risk Profile reports for each functional unit
- Assist with training on Prudential’s Principles and Policies and act as liaison for communication and gap analysis
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with PFI Business and Functional Leaders, as well as the larger Asset Management community, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Law, Compliance, Operations, and Finance staff
- Coordinate and execute Asset Management risk management initiatives, including workflow mapping, procedural development and documentation. These initiatives include but are not limited to:
-Model/End User Computing Policy Compliance
- 7 to 10 years experience with an institutional asset management business.
- Fixed income experience is a must
- Strong working knowledge of all fixed income asset classes
- Strong experience with operational process and internal control design in an asset management company
- Operational Risk, Audit, Operations, and/or Finance background
- Current project management experience is preferred.
- Strong business writing skills
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and SSAE 16
- Sound analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, think outside the box, and demonstrate creativity and innovation
- Strong attention to detail, yet able to summarize and communicate complex issues effectively, orally and in writing