Apply on Company Website
Lead a Data Solutions team of centralized Data Desk associates in the day-to-day fulfillment of data requests submitted to the Data & Reporting Center of Excellence. Ensure timely, high-quality service to internal business partners (i.e. Key Account, Relationship Managers, and Investment Strategists). Business partners use the output reports to fulfill the needs of clients, intermediaries, and internal business processes. Perform management of special projects and assignments related the Data Solutions team's capability implementation and overall Data & Reporting COE mission.
- Provides day-to-day management of a Data Desk team to ensure timely, high quality delivery of reports and presentations.
- Includes overall workflow management, appropriate workload balancing across team, leadership of processes and people, and communication to business partners.
- Completes capacity planning forecasts and analysis to identify resource needs, and collaborates with other leaders within Data & Reporting to identify ways to close gaps and best utilize available staff.
- Lead and mentor a team of Data Desk associates, including but not limited to assessment of workforce skills and gaps, training, performance management, employee and team development, talent and career management.
- Collaborates with other Managers within Data & Reporting in day-to-day operational and people management.
- Manages capacity level within the team and across Data Solutions, building contingency plans and ensuring readiness of resources for service delivery.
- Assesses overall team training needs based upon high-volume activity, current staff skills, and develops plans to improve overall bench-strength and versatility of members for effective workload balancing. Sets appropriate individual and team goals and monitors progress to goals.
- Develops and drives internal partnerships and resource network to maintain supply of talent in resource pool and facilitate career movement.
- Creates a culture to identify and pursue opportunities for increasing efficiency and/or improving service quality by critically analyzing existing procedures, and proposing means for improvement, and (where appropriate) instituting changes.
- Maintains knowledge of overall Prudential Retirement strategy, products, services, investments and marketing campaigns to ensure the right resources are prepared and in place.
- Manages special projects and assignments within Data Solutions and the broader Data & Reporting COE, which further the mission to manage data as a corporate asset, improve the overall engagement model for data requests throughout the organization, and improve the tool set relative to Data & Reporting which is made available to both internal and external clients.
- Based on metrics collected through Data Desk, performs analysis of gaps and opportunities within the existing tool set; develops recommendations in collaboration with Solution Owners, Reporting Tools team and Data Governance which influence and, at times, drives the pipeline of new Data & Reporting capabilities.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in operational or project management role
- Experience in financial domain required, with a strong preference for retirement services experience
- Minimum of 2 years of management or supervisory/team lead experience required.
- Ability to partner effectively with internal clients (e.g. Client Facing and Operational)
- Understanding of the reporting tool set, including Cognos reports and general database concepts
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint & Excel
- Proficiency in analyzing data and developing complex, spreadsheet-driven models
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required