Apply on Company Website
Prudential Financial companies serve individual and institutional customers worldwide and include The Prudential Insurance Company of America, one of the largest life insurance companies in the United States. These companies offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, mutual funds, annuities, pension and retirement-related services and administration, asset management, banking and trust services, real estate brokerage franchises, relocation services and, through a joint venture, retail securities brokerage services. For more information, visit www.prudential.com.
The Manager, Group Insurance Contracts is responsible for oversight of the day-to-day operations of the Contracts Team.
The Contracts Team is responsible for the drafting, filing and maintenance of Department of Insurance compliant contractual documents for clients purchasing the following group insurance products:
- Absence Management Services
- Critical Illness
- Serve as a change agent by leading the effort to review current operating protocols, templates, and process documentation in order to identify opportunities for continuous process improvement
- Redesign and manage team workload to enable the completion of contracts within established service standards;
- Foster a sense of teamwork, success, and positive morale;
- Effectively lead a staff responsible for drafting and submitting product filings that are compliant with state statutes/regulations;
- Drive the merging of multiple quality review programs that exist within the Division;
- Oversee Division reporting function and facilitate consistent use of reports as a management tool by all members of the Division;
- Partner with customers within and outside of Contracts to resolve legal, regulatory or product-specific issues.
- Primary contacts will be with Law, Compliance, Policies and Procedures, Product, and Actuarial.
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred; MBA or advanced education is preferred.
- 5 or more years in leading a staff in a fast-paced, metric-driven, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to inspire others to perform consistently at a high level and to continuously master new skills.
- Proven ability to motivate employees and create a culture that supports high employee morale; ability to inspire, motivate and engage associates at all levels of the organization toward continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Ability to lead through change in a long-tenured, stable environment.
- Proven leadership and change-management skills, team-orientated, and a proactive and optimistic management style.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments to solve complex problems and improve quality and service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and capable of interacting with all levels of Prudential associates.
- Must have experience preparing, presenting, and communicating data to management teams
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a strong floor presence to staff
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Innate sense of urgency and the ability to make smart decisions under pressure
- Demonstrated strong internal and external customer focus
- Practical assimilation of Prudential's Leadership Competencies Experience working in a regulated environment
- Group Insurance experience preferred but not required