Apply on Company Website
Manager, Group Insurance Contracts
Prudential Financial companies serve individual and institutional customers worldwide and include The Prudential Insurance Company of America, one of the largest life insurance companies in the United States. These companies offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, mutual funds, annuities, pension and retirement-related services and administration, asset management, banking and trust services, real estate brokerage franchises, relocation services and, through a joint venture, retail securities brokerage services. For more information, visit www.prudential.com. The Manager, Group Insurance Contracts is responsible for oversight of the day-to-day operations of the Contracts Filing and Contract Development (FCD) Team.
The FCD Team is responsible for:
- Providing product development support by drafting new product, advertising, and client filings;
- Revising existing filings;
- Responding to objections in order to obtain state approvals;,
- Entering approved language into the Contract Issue System;
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert for Group Insurance.
- Serve as a change agent by leading the effort to review current operating protocols, templates, and process documentation in order to identify opportunities for continuous process improvement
- Redesign and manage team workload to enable the completion of contracts within established service standards;
- Foster a sense of teamwork, success, and positive morale;
- Effectively lead a staff responsible for drafting and submitting product filings that are compliant with state statutes/regulations;
- Drive the merging of multiple quality review programs that exist within the Division;
- Lead Division Technical Hub, comprised of a staff of the strongest SME's in the Division, in providing support both intra-division and across the organization;
- Oversee Division reporting function and facilitate consistent use of reports as a management tool by all members of the Division;
- Partner with customers within and outside of Contracts to resolve legal, regulatory or product-specific issues. Primary contacts will be with Law, Compliance, Policies and Procedures, Product, and Actuarial.
- 5 or more years general management experience in a fast-paced, metric-driven, rapidly changing environment. Experience in leading a staff is required.
- Ability to inspire others to perform consistently at a high level and to continuously master new skills
- Experience in process development/improvement methodologies with a focus on continuous process improvement
- Ability to lead through change in a long-tenured, stable environment
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a strong floor presence to staff
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Innate sense of urgency and the ability to make smart decisions under pressure
- Demonstrated strong internal and external customer focus
- Practical assimilation of Prudential's Leadership Competencies
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Group Insurance experience preferred but not required
Prudential is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.