Apply on Company Website
PRUDENTIAL REAL ESTATE INVESTORS
MANAGING DIRECTOR, US MARKETING
Prudential Real Estate Investors (PREI) is the real estate investment management business of Prudential Financial. PREI is comprised of fund management centers in the US located in Parsippany New Jersey, Atlanta, Chicago, New York and San Francisco. Globally, PREI has offices in Munich, London, Singapore, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paolo, and Hong Kong is supported by a network of local offices throughout the world. PREI's specialized operating units offer a broad range of investment opportunities and investment management services in the United States, Europe, Asia, Latin America and Australia. PREI's core values include client focus, respect, trust, winning and sustainability.
As of September 30, 2011, PREI managed over $48.6 billion in gross real estate assets ($30.3 billion net) on behalf of over 490 clients worldwide and ranks among the largest real estate investment managers. For more information, please visit http://www.prei.com.
The position of Managing Director, US Marketing reports to the Managing Director of Global Marketing and is based in the New Jersey office of PREI. The position is responsible for leading the team charged with capital raising, client service and consultant relationship management for all institutional investors located in the US and Canada. The responsibilities of the Managing Director, US Marketing are as follows:
- Manage and develop a team of marketing professionals assigned to regional or product-specific territories in the US and Canada. Ensure that all targeted investors and their consultants are assigned to marketing representatives and are being properly covered as to all applicable PREI products and services on a global basis.
- Develop and maintain a high level of contact with personally assigned investors and consultants and assure that appropriate portfolio managers and senior management are suitably involved with important investors throughout the territory on a planned basis. Where necessary, assist marketing representatives develop their strategies to bring the various resources of Prudential, e.g., research, transaction, and fund management expertise, together to successfully develop business from investors.
- Implement the Key Account program for designated clients and consultants in the region. This includes working with personally assigned clients as well as assisting the US marketing representatives as needed in creating and updating client profiles, as well as coordinating and communicating appropriate business plans with the Key Account Team Leaders and Governance Group.
- Determine suitability/appetite for the firm's products among US investors and provide constant feedback on investor requirements to the Global Head of Product Development.
- Develop within all members of the US Marketing Team a comprehensive knowledge of all PREI products and services and their fit in relevant markets (pension funds, insurance companies, financial institutions, etc.) Maintain and share up-to-date knowledge about key competitive products and strategies.
- Participate as an active member of the US Executive Committee, providing an informed perspective on investor attitudes toward PREI and its products and services and ensuring that all relevant communications and marketing materials are of the highest quality and effectively support PREI's global strategy.
- In concert with the Global Head of Investor Services, coordinate all aspects of client service through effective teamwork across all PREI functional areas (i.e., marketing, research, fund management, etc). to ensure a "best of class" experience for all investors in US products and services resulting in high client satisfaction.
The successful Managing Director, US Marketing will demonstrate the following credentials, talent, and experience:
- 15 years experience and demonstrated success in marketing to and knowledge of the US institutional investor base
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing a successful sales and marketing platform, within the real estate investment management business.
- An excellent ability to articulate ideas, both verbally and in writing, while having had broad exposure to and understanding of investment vehicles and/or fund management issues
- Is tenacious and has the interest and patience to develop long-term institutional investor relationships from the basics of assisting in development of their strategy to the detail and focus required in marketing a product to achieve the closing of a sale
- Strong communication skills. Confident, competent, and assertive in dealing with a wide range of people, both inside and outside the organization and effective in coordinating relationships
- A high level of energy, motivation, and drive to achieve goals and objectives and to motivate and lead a team of similarly driven professionals to perform well under pressure and act in an ethical manner to achieve PREI's goals and objectives
- Committed to being a team player, works well with others across a global organization in a complex environment
- Will possess the professional skills, bearing, style, and presence to maintain the company's image in the real estate investment community.
The successful candidate will join PREI in mid-2012 and begin to work closely with the US marketing team and in partnership with the Co-heads of Global Marketing and the Head of Key Accounts and Investor Services. Responsibility for managing the US marketing team will be transitioned during 2013 assuming successful integration into the firm and the team.
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential.