Apply on Company Website
Senior National Manager - Bank Trust / Private Bank Channel
The National Accounts team at Prudential Investments, Prudential's proprietary mutual funds and separate accounts business, has an opening for a Senior Account Manager in the Bank Trust/Private Bank Channel. The mission of this role is to strategically and tactically build Prudential's presence in this channel. The primary objective is to work with research groups to drive platform placement on "buy lists" and "guided portfolio models" to drive sales.
The Senior Account Manager serves as a relationship manager for Bank Trust / Private Bank firms. This individual will work closely with head office staff, with a focus on research groups to promote the sale of Prudential Investment's mutual funds, separately managed accounts and related investment products. Coordinates all marketing, sales and support services for assigned accounts and anticipates or resolves the more complex problems for banks. Understand the Bank Trust / Private Bank market place and develop a business plan to penetrate this market. Has the knowledge, skills and experience needed to cover a broad range of bank trust / private bank clients with a focus on the Super Regional and Regional Banks.
This individual will report to the Head of the Bank Trust / Private Bank Channel of National Accounts. Specific duties for assigned accounts include:
- Work with the Directors of Research to qualify / prioritize firms and create a focus, tiered list of Bank Trust / Private Bank clients to support.
- Further develop and implement a business plan to focus on the Super Regionals / Regional Bank Trust and Private Banks
- Be a proactive, sales-oriented representative in the pursuit of additional business.
- Develop and maintain strategic key relationships with directors of research, research analysts, program managers, gatekeepers and other key Bank Trust / Private Bank platform personnel.
- Develop and execute business plans resulting in increased assets, revenue and market share.
- Continually work to improve product placement and visibility, including identifying and facilitating mutual fund placement and selecting list opportunities on Bank Trust / Private Bank platforms.
- Increase the flow of due diligence questionnaires, RFP and other research-oriented activities.
- Obtain and disseminate firm intelligence to the home office resulting in improved sales execution.
- Coordinate all marketing, sales and support services and anticipate and resolve more complex problems.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings for gatekeepers, research groups and home office management.
- Work with program managers and bank personnel to negotiate contracts and revenue sharing agreements where applicable
- Develop and implement a communication strategy to bank trust / private bank accounts
- Attend selective national and regional sales conferences, due diligence meetings and industry events.
An outstanding individual with seven plus years of successful industry experience within an investment or mutual fund environment.
- This individual will have strong existing relationships with bank trust / private bank research groups, business, and product professionals
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of retail mutual fund products; financial markets and competitive landscape; product performance and investment management philosophy, manager search and selection; knowledge of the separate account marketplace is a major plus.
- Strong sales abilities are required evidenced by a track record of increasing new business at both existing and developing relationships at prospective key accounts.
- Successful candidate will be a self-starter who can effectively operate in a highly team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal skills, and the ability to utilize them effectively across and at all levels within the organization, are essential for success in this role.
- Adjectives and phrases used to describe ideal candidates would include: "articulate, highly motivated, technically proficient in financial industry, analytical, results-oriented, excellent communicator, possesses significant advancement potential."
- CIMA and/or CFA a plus.
- Series 6 or 7 will be required
- Series 63 and 65 or Series 66 will be required within 120 days of employment.
- Bachelor's degree required