Apply on Company Website
The Paralegal will be a member of the law team that provides legal advice and direction on the Company’s global digital and social media efforts (social media, mobile app, mobile device, e-delivery, cloud, and digital media). The primary responsibility of this position is providing legal support to the Digital Law Attorney on domestic digital law, regulations and legislation, although the Paralegal will also be involved in the review of social media, and digital marketing matters. The paralegal may also assist with other projects related to technology law, vendor contracting, and Intellectual Property law.
The Paralegal will be the point person for the intake and initial review of all US laws and regulations in the digital environment. Duties include the following:
- Researching, reviewing and tracking new developments from a legal perspective;
- Drafting summary of new developments and legal alerts for the Company;
- Drafting articles and blogs on legal developments in the digital law space;
- Reviewing and tracking social media platform terms and conditions under the guidance of supervising attorney; and
- Maintaining the internal Digital Law portal community.
The paralegal may also assist with basic digital and social media issues, e-sign terms and conditions, digital marketing initiatives, and issues surrounding the use of mobile applications and devices. The Paralegal is expected to maintain strong direct working relationships with Prudential businesses and internal legal teams. The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to take the initiative to identify and address issues and make continuous process improvements.The successful candidate should have:
The successful candidate should possess the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience as a paralegal in a law firm or corporate law department in the following areas: i) mobile, social media, and digital marketing or ii) litigation, legislative or regulatory law;
- a college degree;
- a Paralegal Certificate/Degree or comparable legal education from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Substantial knowledge and experience in the digital environment
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, willingness to adapt and be open to change in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, ability to manage workflow and shifting priorities
- Excellent research and technology skills, including Microsoft Word, Lotus Notes, Excel and PowerPoint; LEXIS/NEXIS and Westlaw, and familiarity with the Internet, including search engines.
- Superior organizational and project management skills and ability to proactively multi-task, manage time and monitor legal, regulatory and legislative matters under deadlines
- Ability to manage expectations with legal teams and Prudential businesses
- A commitment to supporting company and law department priorities and initiatives (i.e., diversity, client education, etc.)
- Experience with mobile, social media, and digital marketing.