Apply on Company Website
- Lead $500k to $10MM or more complex business and/or technology projects and/or programs that require coordinating cross-functional internal and external co-located and virtual teams. Must be capable of leading simultaneous projects.
- Manage projects in accordance with the Project Management Office's (PMO) Project Management Methodology.
- Develop and manage project plans to ensure task execution and dependency coordination, and to anticipate and proactively address potential schedule and resource risks.
- Develop and manage project budgets to ensure accurate and timely expense reporting, and to anticipate and proactively address budget over / under spend.
- Manage change control process to ensure conscious scope, schedule, and cost decision-making, and to ensure timely maintenance and communication of changes to business requirements, technical specifications, test plans, project plans, budgets, resource plans and other project artifacts.
- Identify, track and see issues through to resolution.
- Develop, track and implement controls to manage project and organizational risk.
- Communicate project status to key stakeholders. Document and communicate meeting minutes and key decisions. Conduct periodic steering committee meetings with executive and senior management to communicate high-level project status, obtain critical decisions and guidance, and ensure continuous organizational commitment.
- Coordinate vendor selection and contract execution, and manage vendor relationship through project implementation.
- Develop, distribute and gather completed post implementation project surveys, review lessons learned with project team, and contribute to the continual improvement of the PMO's Project Management Methodology and strengthen other organizational processes and standards.
The successful candidate:
- Stands up for what is right even when unpopular. Shows unwavering commitment to high ethical standards and integrity through words and actions. Acts in the best interest of our shareholders, customers, and the company. Takes personal accountability and expects the same from others.
- Seeks to create sustainable long-term value for our company. Develops a clear vision for the future, and communicates that vision in a way that creates clarity and inspires action. Creates an environment in which every employee understands the organization's objectives, and how they can contribute to both short and long-term success.
- Generates new and valuable ideas and business solutions using creativity, combined with superior business knowledge and analytics. Thoughtfully assesses and manages risk; uses sound judgment to make appropriate decisions and take action.
- Promotes and protects the corporate interest; has an ownership mentality. Looks to seize opportunities that serve the larger organization by sharing selflessly across boundaries.
- Translates strategies into tactics and effectively mobilizes resources to achieve intended results. Establishes metrics to define success, gauge progress, and drive business decisions. Adapts to changing conditions.
- Has 10 or more years experience managing increasingly complex business and/or technology projects required. Ideal candidate will have:
- 5 or more years experience managing business projects
- 3 or more years experience managing a program or a project within a program.
- Ability to identify and decompose complex business problems and develop recommendations.
- Investments and/or life insurance products project management experience preferred; annuities project management experience ideal.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) proficiency required.
- Microsoft Project proficiency required; specifically project plan development, management and reporting.
- Home internet access is required.