Apply on Company Website
The Health and Wellness organization provides consultation and guidance on medical issues for the Enterprise. This includes administration of comprehensive medical services and fitness facilities. Some services include clinical and wellness programs, international travel and evacuation programs, executive health, OSHA preventative programs, employee assistance programs, accommodation/return to work, nationwide drug testing administration, childcare and work/life.
This position reports to the Administration Manager in Newark, NJ and requires an individual who is highly organized, has good written, listening and verbal communication skills and is able to handle highly sensitive/confidential information including medical information. This position also requires an ability to handle multiple projects and interact with all levels of staff.
The Assistant will be required to:
- Encourage participation and maintain appointment schedules for various H&W promoted health programs, e.g. H&W Fair, Flu vaccine, cholesterol screenings, blood drives, lunchtime registrations and confirmations for seminars and webinars, bone density and ergonomic evaluations for local site as well as offsite locations.
- Answer and screen calls and respond to routine and non-routine calls.
- Provides direct administrative support for Ft. Wash location as well as provide administrative support across the department as needed.
- Complete paperwork for doctor ordered labwork and maintain the flow of patients in the office. Check fax machine for lab results and match it to the original paperwork.
- Order and maintain labwork supplies, stationery, computer, fax machine, office and copier supplies.
- Create, retrieve and file patients' charts.
- Copy and fax various H&W documents.
- Monitor the FTW site budget.
- Send a copy of the Ergonomic CBT to all new hires.
- Maintain H&W Department Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Provide backup support for mailing Applicant Kits.
- Distribute Notes Comm announcements to offsite locations.
- Must be available to work 8:00am to 4:00pm.
- Knowledge of Prudential Financial preferred.
- This position is located in Ft. Wash, PA with occasional travel (once a year) to Newark.
- Proven ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information
- A high degree of professionalism and strong work ethic coupled with a sense of responsibility and integrity
- Maturity, as evidenced by sound judgment and decision making, and discretion required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Resourceful nature, with ability to find required information from various sources including publications, Internet, and business partners
- A high level of motivation and a proven record of a positive can-do approach
- Strong initiative and good judgment
- Solid partnering and team player skills a must
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong PC skills using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Five years' experience as a senior administrative assistant preferred
- Flexibility to assume other area assignments in the future, as the team refines its processes