Senior Disability Claims Examiner, Virtual Job Listing at Prudential in Overland Park, KS (Job ID DMS0008F)
This is a Virtual work from home opportunity anywhere in the US. Initial Training will also be Virtual.
The goal of the Senior Disability Claim Examiner is to efficiently and effectively direct Long Term Disability claims toward the appropriate outcome while providing superior customer service. The Senior Disability Claim Examiner is a multi-dimensional position whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Heavy written and verbal communication with a diverse population of customers, including claimants with physical and mental impairments, physicians, attorneys, benefit representatives, other healthcare providers, and internal/external clients.
· Facilitate the technical aspects of the claim and appropriately apply the legal and contractual
· Ability to understand and interpret, financial, vocational, and medical information and opinions in relation to contractual benefits.
· Facilitate use of multiple resources that may be applicable to claim management, medical, vocational, and investigative tools.
· Calculate appropriate dates and payments amounts accurately.
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with group clients.
· Lead/participate in projects/activities related to claim management and staff development.
· Understand and correctly utilize the appropriate systems.
· Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills demonstrated in previous work experience.
· Specific experience with collaborative negotiations.
· Proven skills in positive and effective interaction with customers.
· Experience in effectively meeting/exceeding individual professional expectations and team goals.
· Demonstrated analytical and math skills.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment.
· High level of flexibility to adapt to the needs of the organization.
· PC skills required (i.e., Windows based environment)
· College degree preferred.
· Incumbents typically have 5+ years of relevant experience managing Long Term Disability claims
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Insurance jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Insurance Billing Representative
Celebrity Staff - Omaha, NE
Compliance Project Manager - Insurance
Regions Financial - Birmingham, AL
Inside Claims Adjuster Express - Analyst I
Allstate Insurance Company - Birmingham, AL
Locate this job: