Apply on Company Website
Business Group: Prudential Investment Management ? Fixed Income Operations; Portfolio Administration
The Portfolio Administration group is responsible for providing operational support to the Prudential Investment Management Fixed Income business. This includes daily cash and position reconciliations as well as open dialogue with the portfolio managers and relevant internal and external business partners.
Job responsibilities include:
- Reconciling cash on a daily basis between our internal record keeping system (PAM), Aladdin and the custody bank for each fund.
- Reconciling holdings on a monthly basis between our internal record keeping system (PAM), Aladdin and the accounting agent for each fund.
- Reconciling NAVs on a monthly basis between internal record keeping system (PAM), Aladdin and the official NAV source.
- Independently researching and resolving cash and position related discrepancies.
- Proactively communicating issues to relevant business partners.
- Assuming ownership for operational issues that are raised and providing resolution in a manner that considers the impact to other operational areas.
- Anticipating issues that may adversely affect the operational support of the funds and taking action to reduce the risk of occurrences.
- Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved for each fund supported.
- Developing an understanding of Fixed Income products in order to increase service levels.
- Experience in writing operational procedures
- Training new members within the unit.
- Some knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley / Audit controls, a plus
- Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or Business preferred.
- Strong knowledge of fixed income products, investment strategies and derivatives.
- Prior experience accounting or custody operations.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate relationships across all staff levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work within a team environment.
- PC skills with strong knowledge of excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products.
- Ability to be organized, flexible, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment.