Apply on Company Website
This position is responsible for the delivery of learning opportunities to our sales, intermediary relations and client relations organizations in various types of venues. Incumbents design, develop, implement and maintain skill-based and product training programs to meet the learning needs/requirements of the business unit and the marketplace.
Also measures and assesses results of learning initiatives and implements enhancements as needed. May manage staff and/or play a lead role on significant projects.
Core functional responsibilities include:
- Support the Sales Training Director with the development of training curriculum and the evaluation of outside vendors for training delivery for internal and Advisor skill-based Top of the Rock University programs.
- Manage the nomination process for Top of the Rock University programs, determine the annual line-up of events, and attend and evaluate events to ensure quality of training experiences.
- Continuously modify and develop new skill-based training programs as needed to meet the needs of the market.
- Support the development of, write, review, project manage and publish eLearning programs that effectively teach product specifications and emphasize specific positioning needed for sales and market facing associates.
- Lead the needs assessment process, identifying whether a given initiative is a training or communication need, then create a strategy to determine the proper medium for training messages, as well as how to apportion the content into manageable and engaging segments.
- Solicit and accept input and feedback from management team regarding training and coaching needs; develop training schedule to coordinate logistics across multiple sites and functions.
- Employ a variety of training methodologies including on-line, in person, eLearning modules, etc.; test trainees to evaluate program success.
- Demonstrate technical competence as an enterprise resource with a strong understanding of Retirement products, services, and processes.
- Assist in the development of sales reference and training materials.
- Coordinate training and curriculum with centralized training group to leverage enterprise training programs.
This position can be based in either Hartford, CT or Woodbridge, NJ.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience training market-facing professionals in the Retirement or Financial Services industry strongly preferred.
- Complex sales training experience strongly preferred.
- Must demonstrate superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must possess the ability to listen for and draw out needs, know what is important, and execute accordingly.
- Ability to distill large amounts of information into a logical and engaging learning format.
- Strong preference for experience in designing and writing e-learning curriculum.
- Strong influencing and motivation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities at one time.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time.