Apply on Company Website
This individual will lead and manage the Newark-based International Portfolio Management (IPM), a team of Investment Professionals with responsibility for coordinating and overseeing portfolio management for Prudential?s international insurance businesses, including asset/liability management and portfolio construction. Responsibilities of IPM:
- Investment policy coordination and oversight for Prudential?s international insurance operations.
- Collaborate with local investment officers in the development of appropriate portfolio investment policies; ensure consistency and application of best practices across PII operations.
- Primary portfolio management responsibility for International Insurance investment portfolios and programs conducted through US legal entities.
- Development of portfolio analytics and reporting capabilities.
- Lead and coordinate with local investment teams, Finance, Actuarial, Risk Management, Investment Systems, and other stakeholders in the development of portfolio analytics and reporting capabilities.
- Technical advice and support to local investment officers on portfolio management/investment issues.
- Asset/liability management and portfolio construction.
- Product hedging requirements and related pricing considerations.
- Review of investment plans.
- Analytic and implementation support for new investment programs or transactions.
- Review and selection of asset managers.
- Enterprise and cross-functional coordination in addressing issues and enhancing policies and processes on behalf of the International CIO organization (US CIO org, Corporate oversight functions, other International Insurance functional areas).
- The ideal candidate will have twelve or more years of portfolio management or other relevant investment experience, including five or more years experience in managing teams of investment professionals.
- Very strong analytic and quantitative skills; deep understanding of capital markets, with emphasis on fixed income, FX, and related derivatives markets.
- Knowledge of insurance liabilities, international insurance markets, and regulatory capital frameworks.
- Effective people and business manager; strong interpersonal skills, team orientation, clear communication skills, and the desire and ability to work with business partners of different national, cultural, and language backgrounds.
- MBA/MS-Finance and CFA preferred.