Group Insurance Small Market Sales team is seeking a Market Manager to meet assigned sales goals in Premium, Renewal, and Coverage Count while operating effectively within assigned staffing ratios and working to achieve segment profitability goals. The Market Manager role operates as a Prudential Leader in their specific market. This position entails traveling with each Sales Representative and coaching them on territory/sales skills.
Daily activities include, but are not limited to:
• Effectively executing both an individual and team sales strategy while supporting the organizations strategic decisions through leadership and actions and influencing organizational initiatives through personal participation and input.
• Supporting the further development of proven intermediaries consultants through personal involvement when appropriate.
Leadership and Teamwork
• Consistently and effectively motivates, directs and enhance the performance of their sales team.
• Promote and fosters a High Performance Culture – one that speaks to accountability with candor
• Own personal development to enhance their leadership excellence
Provides direct reports with resources, training, ongoing feedback, and coaching aimed to enhance their development to achieve success in their jobs.
• Successful mentorship of Jr. Sales Rep (Sales Training Excellence Program hires)
• Evaluating, documenting, and coaching each direct report's progress toward objectives and achievement of results semi-annually.
• Rewarding and/or recognizing achievements of results.
• Utilizing a flexible management approach in an attempt to unleash employee potential and help eliminate barriers to success (i.e., seeking diverse slates for project teams and key assignments, engaging employees in decision-making, cross-training)
• Assuring your team is well trained and competent in Group Insurance products procedures, assuring capabilities are in place to support strategic initiatives.
• Soliciting and integrating feedback from direct reports and supervisor(s) in order to improve leadership effectiveness.
• Planning for and staffing open positions to meet business needs, considering the most diverse slate possible for every vacancy.
• Recognizing the differences present on your team by reviewing demographic data, having walk around discussions, reviewing issues that have been raised as areas of concern, identifying areas for growth and pursuing self-education for greater personal effectiveness.
• Guiding the Group Sales Representative relationship development activities to encourage new relationships
• Developing effective relationships through pro-active efforts with operational areas.
• Participating in initiatives when called upon and appropriate.
• Working closely with the Group Sales Representatives and Underwriting in the appeals process.
• Working closely with Service and Account Management Team in delivering the appropriate renewal outcomes to achieve sustained, profitable growth.
• Working with the service teams to ensure the highest quality customer service is delivered.
This position are in the following locations:
Boston, Mass., Washington,DC, Charlotte, NC, Houston, TX, Columbus, OH, Kansas City, KS, Los Angeles, CA, Seattle, WA
• The ability to design territories effectively with balance, parity and effective geographical spread.
• 5+ years in sales roles in the Group Insurance industry.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.