Apply on Company Website
The Specialist, HR Vendor Management is responsible for providing guidance, support, and direction to business managers in Human Resources, Community Resources, Global Security and Executive Transportation who are accountable for vendor relationships, to ensure operations performed by third parties on Prudential's behalf are executed in a well-controlled manner. The HR Vendor Governance Specialist is responsible for developing, managing and maintaining vendor governance program policies, materials, tools, and documentation, as well as assisting with ongoing vendor monitoring and oversight. This function is also responsible for supporting and/or supervising the execution of certain HR risk management activities.
- Provide consultation and support to the business areas in Human Resources and Community Resources with vendor governance planning, including scope determination and leveraging of various oversight mechanisms to achieve effective coverage.
- Directly participate in the development of site visit test plans, execution of site visits, interpretation of results, ensuring adequate documentation, preparing and reviewing assessment reports, and issues/action plan tracking.
- Coordinate and integrate the efforts of the Information Security, Privacy, Technology, Records Management and Business Continuation subject matter experts in conducting vendor due diligence and ongoing monitoring, providing a single point of contact for HR business managers. Provide support in assessing vendor information security and privacy controls.
- Provide expertise in vendor reviews and assessments on areas subject to conformance with Prudential's policies and standards. Perform root-cause analysis of vendor related internal control issues as they arise and guide business managers on action planning and resolution.
- Provide information and support to Records Management and Business Continuation subject matter experts in vendor-related Records and BC initiatives
- Support the development, enhancement and management of the vendor governance program, including:
- Development and maintenance of related policies and procedures in alignment with enterprise-wide standards
Cross-functional, department-wide application of approaches and learnings
Maintenance of central repository for vendor documentation, program documentation, and operating procedures
Maintenance of HR Vendor Governance intranet site content
Periodic vendor scorecard preparation and other management reporting
Ongoing training and awareness on vendor governance process and tools
Supervise the execution of certain risk management functions for HR, including:
- Action plan tracking and reporting
- Risk self-assessments
- Audit preparation and coordination
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
- 3 or more years risk management or vendor governance experience
- 5 or more years experience working in large company environment
- Up to 25% business travel may be required
- Strong analytical, communication and relationship management skills essential
- Working knowledge of information security control practices
- Familiarity with Prudential policies and procedures
- Audit background a plus