Apply on Company Website
The SOA Systems Architect position is a key technical leadership role for implementing the Service Oriented Architecture for Prudential Retirement will responsible for integrating disparate systems seamlessly and enable communication at different layers of the technology architecture stack. This role combines strong technical architecture expertise, a solid understanding of core business functions, and a broad knowledge of hardware/software products/platforms to deliver and maintain application solutions to meet business needs. The associate will participate as technical expert in design and development of business applications and support the teams throughout the software development life cycle. It will also require the individual to understand the data footprint and gain a high level understanding of the business applications that will be integrated through the Software AG webMethods Enterprise Services Bus (ESB). The specific responsibilities can vary from project to project, providing excitement and variety, but also requiring flexibility and adaptability. Responsibilities:
- Lead implementation of new features through complete software development life cycle including testing and production deployment.
- Collaborates with multiple teams on project planning and investment prioritization.
- Provide technical and thought leadership in both system integration as well as application development and promote best practices in these areas.
- Define and implement proof-of-concepts for proving new technologies and/or architecture patterns.
- Maintains Service Oriented Architecture and alignment with technology roadmap.
- Leads development of formalized SOA solution methodologies.
- Design responsibilities include determining the best patterns to use for each integration scenario in order to gain the best performance, reusability and maintainability.
- Enhance coding standards, development guidelines and ensure they are being followed.
- Guide and help develop other team members.
- Lead/contribute in architecture, design & code reviews.
- Review internal deliverables and deliverables received from vendor partners.
- Work closely with clients and project managers and team to clearly define scope of work and provide accurate schedule estimates.
- Analyze and tune application performance, with a focus on service/message throughput and latency.
- Technical Support responsibilities for production issues include analyzing business service issues, determining the root causes, and implementing fixes to prevent future outages.
- Minimum 5 years experience working on a systems integration team with at least 2 years in a development team lead role with active role in building SOA architecture.
- Minimum 2 years experience with ESB implementation as well as worked in an environment handling large volume of data & services. WebMethods Integration Server is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA), JMS, web services (JAX-WS, JAX-RS, SOAP, REST), and transfer protocols (http, ftp, etc.).
- Knowledge of XML, XSD and data transformation via flat files
- Experience with designing, developing, and implementing complex integration for end-to-end solutions at a middleware level
- Experience with publish\subscribe and request\response methodologies
- Ability to review functional requirements and determine the type of integration work that is needed based on the requirements
- Ability to optimize the performance characteristics of an ESB integration environment by planning, testing, monitoring, troubleshooting and supporting various systems integrations
- Object oriented programming experience in .NET and\or J2EE platforms
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of databases and networking
- Ability to quickly perform proof-of-concepts for validating new technology or approach
- Ability to work independently as well as in a globally diverse team from various technology backgrounds
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and all phases of the entire software life cycle.
- Strong interpersonal skills including team collaboration, leadership, presentation, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.