Apply on Company Website
- Responsible for leading a team of Long Term Disability (LTD)
claim professionals including determination and payment
authorization of LTD claims.
- Coaches, supervises and manages performance of employees
(both technical performance and behaviors) and provides guidance to
subordinates regarding general claim policy, contracts, and
- Partners with peer leadership group and contributes to the
department's success by engaging in continuous improvement.
- Reviews complex claim cases,influence and interact with
professional clinical and vocational resources.
- Communicates with clients, state insurance departments and
other internal and external areas.
- Has both technical and administrative responsibilities.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills a must
- Supervisory experience preferred, but not required
- Prior experience with Long Term Disability claims
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and time managementskills required
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Strong critical thinking, mathematical, problem solving,decision making & analytical skills are desired
- Detail oriented with solid interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong Customer Service skills and ability topartner
- Understanding of STD/LTD product lines with experience of atleast five plus years in disability claim organizationpreferred