Apply on Company Website
The incumbent will be the BC Officer for Annuities responsible for managing all aspects of the business continuation program, including the oversight of the business continuation planning process in accordance with Enterprise planning standards. He/She will also be responsible for validating that all business functions develop plans in accordance with the Enterprise Standard and serve as a consultant to management on matters of business continuation, planning, risk prevention measures, BC Costs, and all other BC related issues. The BC Officer will also be responsible for leading the testing effort within Annuities and providing Executives within Annuities and the Corporate BC Office with semiannual reporting on testing results.
The incumbent will also act as the Crisis Manager responsible for being on call 24/7. As a Crisis Manager the BC Officer will develop a Crisis Management Program that will better prepare Annuities to respond and communicate to senior level management and employees in any event that disrupts business.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the quality and completeness of BC Plan Development
- Ensuring that a comprehensive and accurate Business Impact Analysis is completed on all functions.
- Performing a quality review of all plans
- Ensuring identification of functions and dependency relationships is complete.
- Developing the testing strategy and coordinating all testing activity within the organization.
- Identifying the scope and schedule for BC exercises for Annuities.
- Validating Annuities test exercises are performed with critical internal and external parties as appropriate and ensuring correct security measures are maintained during testing.
- On a semi-annual basis, providing Annuities Executives and Risk Officer a report on Annuities' BC status and adherence to the Corporate Business Continuation standards and objectives, inclusive of any business continuation issues, gaps and non-compliance to standards
- Ensuring the business continuation roles have been staffed with trained personnel meeting the profile requirements
- Approving the BC Planners identified by departmental Vice Presidents.
- Ensuring that BC Coordinators have the necessary skills and training to perform their business continuation responsibilities effectively.
- Serving as a key BC knowledge base for Annuities for high-level planning tasks
- 50% Travel between the following Annuities locations; Shelton CT, Fort Washington PA, Scranton PA, Newark NJ, Woodbridge NJ, and Hartford CT., plus all test sites.
- Demonstrated experience in Business Continuation concepts and practices including; Business Impact Analysis, basic recovery strategies, options, costs, and implementation timeframes, recovery time line and process and recovery testing approaches.
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in risk management concepts and practices, with accompanying business knowledge. This includes a strong understanding of business groups and operations encompassing organizational structure,business functions and criticality, demographics, and locations.
- Working knowledge of technology utilized by the business and their criticality including basic network and connectivity knowledge.
- Financial services industry experience preferred - Annuity business experience a strong plus.
- Well-developed leadership competencies with the ability to influence senior management to support initiatives and practices in order to significantly enhance the business continuation function across Annuities;
- Effective style and skills in communicating with various levels of management - exercising influence through partnership rather than by authority;
- Demonstrated experience in problem escalation, delegation, and follow-up
- Experience in executive presentation and reporting related to status, metrics and After Action Reporting.
- Strong situational awareness skills and crisis management concepts.