Vice President, Business Group Risk Management Job Listing at Prudential in Roseland, NJ
This individual reports to the Chief Risk Officer of the Group Insurance business unit. He/she is a key member of the GI Risk Organization Senior Leadership Team leading the evolution of business risk-based decision making and ensuring that there are appropriate processes and controls in place to identify and address current, emerging and potential risk. The individual has the opportunity to serve as a valued advisor to key functions across the GI business, providing leadership and direction to drive and sustain effective governance and risk management strategies, policies, practices and structures throughout GI, while also recognizing the differing needs of business functions within the BU.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Provides leadership and direction to the business group in developing and maintaining an effective and efficient risk management program geared toward ensuring that compliance and operational risks are well managed and operations are well controlled.
· Provides guidance and assistance to business group management in the implementation of appropriate programs to ensure that material risks are identified, understood, managed and communicated.
· Provides appropriate oversight to ensure that outstanding issues/action plans have been identified and are properly addressed to ensure that compliance is attained.
· Coordinates risk management and compliance issues between business groups, sectors and corporate functions and assists business group management in the preparation of risk self-assessments and provides advice on compliance-related issues.
· Reviews and approves risk self-assessments developed by business group management prior to scoring and consolidation and after review and analysis of specific third party sales opportunities, assists the management team in structuring appropriate controls surrounding new opportunities.
· Assists business group management with risk reporting for the Enterprise Risk Committee (ERC) and Operating Risk and Control Issues Committee (ORCIC).
· Assists the business group with the development of tailored performance indicators which facilitate the evaluation of organizational goals and risks.
· Oversees the collection and analysis of data used for the quantitative measurement of risk and may supervise and develop Risk Management staff members in their jobs.
· Supports business group risk management and compliance training programs.
This position is located in Roseland, NJ or Dresher, PA.
The successful candidate will be inquisitive, analytical, and able to understand and balance conflicting viewpoints and business needs, form collaborative partnerships with other business unit and company leaders. This individual will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Specific knowledge of insurance products, distribution, operations and regulation, is desirable, as is experience in Audit, Compliance and/or Risk Management and operating as a senior business leader.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following key qualifications:
· Strong industry leadership mindset - a seasoned risk professional (minimum 10 years broad, relevant, progressive experience, including 3 years at a senior level in the financial services industry)
· Familiar with and stays abreast of industry trends and best practices
· Champions a control conscious culture, intelligent risk taking (e.g., is able to look at business risk as potential opportunity)
· Leads with a strong moral compass; is inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions oriented
· Demonstrably strong conceptual and practical understanding of business and operational risk management
· Quantitative analytics knowledge and skills, including an understanding of model risk, valuation, and pricing
· Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills, with experience preparing reports to executive management and boards
· Highly focused, yet thrives in an environment requiring development and implementation of multiple, simultaneous initiatives in an environment of change
· Excellent diplomatic and partnering skills - able to understand and balance conflicting viewpoints, business needs and challenges; forms strong collaborative and consultative relationships across business, risk, functional support areas and corporate communities
· A strong talent mindset
· Graduate degree preferred
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Newark, NJ
View similar jobs:
Senior Project Manager
Kelly Services - Raritan, NJ
Store Management NY Staten Island
CVS Caremark - Staten Island, NY
Compliance Operations -Project Manager
Belcan - Wayne, NJ
Locate this job: