Apply on Company Website
The Vice President, Finance - Planning & Analysis leads a team of approximately 6 associates and is responsible for the forecasting, planning, analysis and internal reporting of the International Insurance Division. The position is based in Newark, NJ, and reports to the International VP, Finance.Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead the International Division financial planning and forecasting processes. Partner with operations in 10 different countries to develop and convey a thorough understanding of the International businesses, financial and actuarial concepts, key drivers of current and future profitability, required equity and capital management, and tax planning.
- Communicate the results of these forecasts directly to executive management and provide insights to facilitate strategic decision making.
- Partner with other senior finance and business leaders, including Actuarial, Marketing & Business Development, Treasurers, and Taxto forecast, analyze and provide strategic finance support for the International Businesses.
- Oversee and facilitate the Company and Businesses' hedging strategy to manage our foreign currency exposures.
- Drive and influence executive presentations on the International Businesses for Rating Agencies, Investor Day and senior internal audiences.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field; MBA, CFA, and/or CPA designation highly preferred
- 10+ years of financial management experience
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, statutory accounting principles and actuarial concepts
- Strong knowledge of business drivers, economics and market exposure within Financial Services/Insurance industry
- Ability to effectively prioritize competing demands, to communicate complex issues in a clear succinct way to peers and to senior executives, and to partner effectively with both International colleagues and Prudential Corporate areas
- Strong organizational leadership skills and team management experience; collaborative and team-oriented leadership style
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated experience contributing at the senior business leadership team level
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; ability to communicate results and influence at senior management level